noisy Nova Repeater ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jay42, Feb 24, 2012.

1. jay42

jay42 Member

I added a Nova Repeater to the end of my pedalboard. The board is two to three times noisier than without the Nova Repeater. It's my first delay, fwiw, so don't know -- is this just how it is?

At least the noise dials down if I turn the guitar off. It doesn't matter whether or not the delay is engaged.

The power supply is the VL PP2. Some of the pedals are on a daisy chain so I can have 90 degree connectors. The Nova Repeater is on a dedicated output, as are a couple other pedals. The NP is less noisy powered from the PP2 vs. the wall wart that came with it. I've been running batteries up until recently, so I know how little noise there can be.

2. Adagietto

Adagietto Supporting Member

I get power supply noise (120 Hz?) when I run my TC Nova Delay on a PP2+. The noise goes away with a third-party wall-wart. The wall-wart has less noise on the DC than the PP2+.

3. jay42

jay42 Member

Brand? or is it generic....I can see trying a few...sigh

4. Adagietto

Adagietto Supporting Member

5. Telecasteur

Telecasteur Member

i just use the wall-wart it came with, and it sounds great. Best delay for $150 new, imo. Can't go wrong with the tape setting. I'm not using mine at the end of a big chain though.. Guitar > Repeater > Marshall tsl100.