Noisy switch on Dyna Ranger...

amnesiak

This is bascally to ask if changing the switch on my Dyna Ranger could help the huge 'click' that accompanies stepping on it! The one on my Carbon Copy is lovely and quiet and made me think that a new one could solve the problem as they're both true bypass.

Any suggestions as to which would be a good replacement?

i've heard that it helps if you turn the pedal on and off several times before you actually use it live or in a playing situation. i can't remember the technical/scientific reasoning behind it but I had a couple of TB pedals with a huge click and doing what i mentioned seemed to help quite a bit.

i'm curious if other members know more about it. i have some TB pedals with 3PDT switches that "click" really loudly, and some that don't at all.....

amnesiak

I've tried that one and although the 1st click is def the loudest, the ones following are still pretty irritating.

Lolaviola

Silver Supporting Member
There is an alternate wiring for the switch. Check out analogman FAQ page for "true bypass".

JLee

Silver Supporting Member
Try external dc power instead of a battery. You could also try adding a pulldown resistor from input to ground, but it may not solve the problem.

Trending Topics