Noisy T-Rex... Back to Denmark?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gem, Mar 2, 2012.

1. gem

gem Member

Just wondering if there are any recommendations. My Replica has instantly gotten rather buzzy and I am hoping to solve the problem in the conUS.

Any tips?

2. tommc

tommc Member

What are you using for power? Try it with a battery (if possible) or a different power supply before shipping it off. Also try using a power supply for just that one pedal. Sometimes if you are using a daisy chain like a one-spot, adding another pedal to the load will cause noise. I've been trouble shooting a similar problem. It may not be that the new pedal itself is noisy, just that the total load is now causing a problem. Good luck.

On another note, I was surprised to see the T-Rex Fuel Tank I just bought was made in China..... Guess American companies are not the only ones outsourcing.

3. gem

gem Member

Thanks for the reply Tom. I have been using this in conjunction with other pedals and a PP2 so for quite a while this setup was a ok.

I am hoping there is someone around here that cam handle repairing this thing.