Non-tap delay

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TaterTaylor, Mar 2, 2012.

1. TaterTaylor

TaterTaylor Member

I searched the forums and didn't see anything that helped.

Those of you who us the flashback, carbon copy, and other non-tap delays:

1) what do you use?
    2) how do you use it without setting it to tempo for each song?

2. oxtone

oxtone Member

I use a Flashback mainly for the Modulation sounds, along with my Nova iB Modified Delay (w/Tap Tempo) as my main delay.

I set the Flashback time to around "noon", and the FX Level about 10 O'clock, so it's slightly in the background of the Nova delay. Sounds great for more atmospheric delay sounds.

3. rust_in_peace

rust_in_peace Member

I generally have one delay set for sort of a reverb-like sound, so it just sort of sits in the background. Delay time isn't real important then. But, for delay that is going to stand out more; I like it in time with the music, so I use tap-tempo. I guess it all really depends how "present" you like your delay.

4. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

I use the Flashback, but I only use a really dark, washed out echo (Matt Beck Toneprint into my wet, PA speakers with most of the treble rolled off and it goes into a reverb). So it is really in the background and the tempo doesn't play a huge role. It does have the strum tempo if you need and since it is in the wet part of my rig, the dry still comes through.