• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Non transparent OD pedals for AC-30/DC-30

fiftynine

Can anyone suggest a low gain OD that's good because it isn't transparent? Something that has a tone all of it's own and pairs up well with AC-30 and Matchless DC-30 type amps.

BukiUki

I use a blue boy deluxe to get my low gain sound on an ac30 , works really well with the amp and is tweakable enough to get you different tastes, cheap too so definitely worth a try!

sickboy79

Two come to mind that I have that work GREAT with my HC-30. Clark Gainster and AM King of Tone. The Clark has a little of that Tweed thing going on as you crank the gain, and the KOT is more transparent but, has it's own voice as well.

mcdes

Member of no importance
I'm doing the HB and LGW for my low drive. Even the katana was great for pushing it into breakup!

Stressfest

The HB was always good, i teamed that with a timmy and klon for low gain stacking yumminess. The Hot Cake works great, but becomes harsh at higher gain... i always used mine as more of a clean boost.

fiftynine

Right, lots to go at there.

I might grab meself a classic Tube Screamer at some stage as I've never done that through a Vox.

CWFurst

I love the Zvex Box of Rock with the both the DC-30 and AC-30. I was also a big fan of the Xotic AC boost.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom