Noob Help Needed: Mastering on BR600

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by UMT, Mar 21, 2008.

1. UMT

UMT Member

I purchased a BR600 a couple months ago and love it and having no problem recording, bouncing, etc. etc. but I'm ready to do some Mastering and the manual is real light on this subject. I've played around a little but I need some help.

Ok, you Master to track 78,,,, now what? How do you play it back? Make adjustments? I missed something here along the line and any help by BR600 brothers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    UMT

2. stigg

stigg Member

Hi.
    There's a group of guys at another forum that use the BR600 a lot and have helped me with the BR.
    I havent gone as far as you have because I don't use the BR as much at home, I use reaper, cubase, pt, and G/band.
    I'm not sure if I should mention the name of the forum on this forum but if you e-mail me I could direct you!
    stiggowitz2005@aol.com

3. kselbee

kselbee Member

I don't have the BR in front of me so this is going from memory....

You'll select the mastering mode and it'll show the source as 7/8 V1 (change if needed) and hit enter. Then it'll show the destination as 7/8 V2. Then, if you click the effects button the mastering presets will show up and you can cycle through them using the wheel (start playing your song first though so you can hear how each patch sounds). Once you find one you like, rewind and record. If you want to change some of the settings in the patch, there's an edit but for the life of me I don't remember how to get there. Once done, go back to normal mode and select V track 2 on 7/8 and lower all faders except that one and you'll hear the results.

Hope this helps. Email me if you have any specific questions and I can look into it when I'm in front of the BR.

4. UMT

UMT Member

Thanks for the hints, gents. Actually, I pretty much figured it out on my own but always looking to learn more.

Thanks,
    UMT