Noob speaker question for an Allen Accomplice

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Gonzo, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Hi,

This might be a dumb question, but are the wattage ratings for the Celestion speakers RMS, or peak. What I am getting at is, would it be possible to use a 30W Heritage G12H in a 22W Deluxe Reverb clone without blowing it up, or melting it.

TIA

Gonzo

2. phsyconoodler

phsyconoodler Member

Well,lets see.A 30 watt speaker in a 22 watt amp.Not a problem.Those ratings are RMS and they can easily handle a bit more.
    But,that being said,that is probably not the best speaker for that amp IMHO.But it may be what you are looking for.

3. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Thanks for the answer phsyconoodler. What would be a good speaker match?

Gonzo

4. phsyconoodler

phsyconoodler Member

What's wrong with the speaker you have?If you just want a different tone,try an Eminence Texas Heat.Killer speaker!

5. lannyhall

lannyhall Member

What kind of music do you use this amp for?

6. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

I am currently building the Accomplice, I chose the no speaker option. I was going to ask around, to see what people were using in the Deluxe, and Accomplice. I play a little of everything from classic rock, blues, surf to punk. Hendrix, Zeppelin, Stevie Ray, Ventures, Ramones, Social Distortion. About the only thing I dont like is speed metal. I have an American Strat, and a Epi Les Paul knock off. Probably be hard to find a speaker that will do it all, and sound great while doing it.

Gonzo