NOPD!

catfishK

The latest 30(?) year old dirt-box added to my small (but growing) collection. The Omnifex brand was a continuation of the old Electra pedal line. This model is: 708HM Metal Max.

catfishK

Vintage cameras?....No, sorry.
Sound's very good actually. Might be a bit too fuzzy for some, but after playing with the EQ and distortion levels/settings a bit it brought out a good '80's metal sound. It has less gain than modern metal dirt pedals, which means it has less unwanted noise in the signal path. I'll be testing it more tonight.
I apologize for the crappy pic BTW. Crappy digi camera.

catfishK

Just for reference, here's a pic of the predecessor pedal Electra 608HM Metal Max (non-stereo). Note the different knobs, trim paint, and the cool pouch. Photo is from Effects Database.

Last edited:

catfishK

And after some hours of jamming I've determined that the Omnifex 708HM is now my main pedal. With the knobs set as in the pic below, it's close to an old Boss HM-2. It's a great 30 year old pedal:D

timmy2tone

I love seeing this stuff, I worked in a music store in the early 80's .... Nostalgia and great memories. This reminds me of the old Vesta Fire pedals.

Trending Topics