1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Normster #1 w/KT5881's

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by adlibmusic, Mar 6, 2006.

1. adlibmusic

adlibmusic Member

Here's a clip using my strat, a tonespotter, and Normster#1 with 5881's in place of 6L6's. I think it's crunchier? (I'll try to make a comparison clip tonight using 6L6's.) I really like tone at the mid and higher end of the neck, but really low notes sound a little rough. What do you guys think?

Blues in E

2. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

tonespotter---whats it???

is that amp distortion--shiii&*--juicy:AOK

!!!! hmmm-a tad crunchy...like it alot..
    are you & Norm in cahoots!!???

tubes are akin to shoelaces for me!-i know nuttin'''--

-not sure how to give you feed back on the low end-some root/5th stuff mite be useful--like a cupla shots-then some sustained semi-power chords....

3. adlibmusic

adlibmusic Member

Thanks John! Yes, Norm and I are good friends. I've built the cabinets for his amps (but not this one). Here are some photos of #1, if you're interested.
    http://www.adlibmusic.net/normster1.htm

A tonespotter is an Eminence speaker.

You're right about the low end. I'll get some low note stuff on tonight.

4. Normster

Normster Member

Nice playin' Loren, and that amp ain't soundin' too shabby either. ;)
    I guess we'll have to see about bleeding off some of that low end in the OD. (Or you can just do a lot of palm muting on the bass notes. lol)
    Yeah, he's my partner in crime. Such a picky bastige, though. Always complaining about his tone. One of these days I'm just gonna cut him off. I would have done it long ago, but he's such a damn fine cabinet builder. LOL

5. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

hmmmmm...... im likin' this mystery team---toooo much!

6. scottl

scottl Member

Nice clip! I noticed the trademark Tonespotter midscoop. Try a test for me. Solo the solo track in the software. Push up 1500hz by about 2 to 4db. See what you think. If you like it, replace the Spotter with a Red White and Blue!!

Nice tones in any event!

7. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

shite scott -you do have dog ears!

jf

8. adlibmusic

adlibmusic Member

Thanks Scott. I'll have a go at it tonight. I'll also get some "lows" recorded. I wanted to see what you think about them....

9. adlibmusic

adlibmusic Member

Dang it, did I just run out of wood??? :jo