• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

North Country Chill clip

cdaloia

This was the test track to see if the file sharing would sync. I'm still amazed that you can do this. It's not the same as playing together, especially for this kind of tune but it's a way to get things done. I put up a longer clip w/ more bass in the mix. What do you think?

Chuck

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/cdtele/north-country-chill-longer-clip[/SOUNDCLOUD]

There are 4 other tunes in this thread and I thought I would put them all here in case anyone wanted to hear more. Older stuff, some real old...The clip at the top (North Country Chill) is from the current band project. David Calarco-Drums Mike DuClos-Bass

More file sharing w/ drummer Art Bernstein and me.

From Under the Hood (2004)

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/cdtele/bird-house[/SOUNDCLOUD]

From Circle 7 (2009)

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/cdtele/in-g[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Live from "Equation" (1991) Gene Garone-drums Rich Syracuse-bass

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/cdtele/d-jam-live-clip[/SOUNDCLOUD]

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/cdtele/fast-food-live-clip[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Last edited:

cpike

Not sure what you did with the file sharing, but the track sounds great. My only gripe is you faded the ending too soon!

boblazz

Silver Supporting Member
sounds really good chuck. ive sent my tracks out like this. all i do is when i load up the tracks i get, i start everything at zero time in my daw. and when i send my part back i just send the whole wav. file from the start. no syncing needed. maybe this is just common knowledge. if so , sorry for the post. any way you look at it, it is a cool thing! cant wait to hear more.

cdaloia

Not sure what you did with the file sharing, but the track sounds great. My only gripe is you faded the ending too soon!

Thanks CP. This clip was a test to see if everything worked w/ file sharing and sync. I'll be recording this tune for the record but wanted to post something to see what we're up to with the band. The bass will be will be looser, breaking up the time in the final version. I'm just thrilled that it's all working.

Sweet sounds!

Thanks for listening C-Tone!

sounds really good chuck. ive sent my tracks out like this. all i do is when i load up the tracks i get, i start everything at zero time in my daw. and when i send my part back i just send the whole wav. file from the start. no syncing needed. maybe this is just common knowledge. if so , sorry for the post. any way you look at it, it is a cool thing! cant wait to hear more.

Thanks BB. I'm familiar with the process and made some records this way and a bunch of hired hand session but have run into a few occasions when it hasn't been such an easy process for one reason or another. As long as we export and import from bar one w/ the same BPM it's cool. Now we have to get to the real work. I have some drum tracks recorded (old school) two overheads and and a K mic w/ some some tunes and other ideas to go with them. Just a matter of putting it all together now. The Rocco guitars and the Brown Note amp are really compatible and give me all of the tele tones I'll ever need. I even have a RUCKUS II proto w/the new DiMarzio PAF Master HB in the bridge. (nice pickup) I have the tools, now it's matter of my studio laptop from "07" holding out. It's sounding like a beat up 65 Chevy when I start it up so I better hit these tracks fast!

Fantastic!

Thanks for listening buddaman, we're just getting started. This is really a live band but we have to record sharing files since we have no budget. I've done a few records this way and while it will never be the same as setting up and playing live it's a way of getting things done. The best music happens live and that's what this band is all about.

I appreciate everyone listening, more to come.

Chuck

boblazz

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks BB. I'm familiar with the process and made some records this way and a bunch of hired hand session but have run into a few occasions when it hasn't been such an easy process for one reason or another. As long as we export and import from bar one w/ the same BPM it's cool. Now we have to get to the real work. I have some drum tracks recorded (old school) two overheads and and a K mic w/ some some tunes and other ideas to go with them. Just a matter of putting it all together now. The Rocco guitars and the Brown Note amp are really compatible and give me all of the tele tones I'll ever need. I even have a RUCKUS II proto w/the new DiMarzio PAF Master HB in the bridge. (nice pickup) I have the tools, now it's matter of my studio laptop from "07" holding out. It's sounding like a beat up 65 Chevy when I start it up so I better hit these tracks fast!
sorry chuck. i wasnt sure what the sync troubles were.
do you have any clips of that new ruckus II? about this very time last year i had a ruckus delivered! tim made me a killer guitar.

cdaloia

sorry chuck. i wasnt sure what the sync troubles were.
do you have any clips of that new ruckus II? about this very time last year i had a ruckus delivered! tim made me a killer guitar.

The short solo on this clip is RUCKUS II with just a little gain. Take one the day I got it just for the sync experiment but will be doing some real recording the week after X-Mas and will be using it for some tracks. Mine is the proto w/ the RUCKUS look and sounds great. You still get a bit of the Fender vibe because of the scale and it's not a hot pickup. In the PAF zone. I'm playing it a lot and digging the simplicity. I want to get a BN 18 wt Lite 18 (marsh circuit) to go with it but is real nice w/ the BN D-style amp.

Tim is working on a custom version of the R II at the moment. It's almost done. Talk to him. As you know he does really fine work. I always wanted this R II guitar since I used to set up my 66 w/ HB's from time to time since it was carved out for them when I got it. Best of both worlds if you're a tele player and want a HB tone w/ the feel of a T-style guitar. Nice and simple. One pickup, V and T. I'll have a lot more R II tracks to listen to after Christmas. I have a week of recording scheduled.

RUCKUS II is the next step. Between the two all tones are covered. There'a also a Roccola which is Tim's take on a S-style guitar w/ the RUCKUS look that's been built for one of his clients. It's multiplying!

I had no sync problems w/ this track, worked great!

Email me if I can help.

Chuck

JParry335

Man, there's that bad a$$ tone again! The only thing better are the chops!
Nice stuff Chuck. I have to agree, it ended too soon.
Great music.
Have a Merry Christmas!

pinner

Sounds great Chuck!!! Killin as always!!!! Looking forward to the new CD!!! Hope all is well!!

eddie101

Gold Supporting Member
Very cool sound, Chuck. My only complaint, if you will, is the solo isn't long enough. :)

'Buckered Tele? A la Jeff Beck, I suppose? Very cool. Apparently his web site hasn't been updated yet as I couldn't find any pertinent info on that said guitar.

cdaloia

Man, there's that bad a$$ tone again! The only thing better are the chops!
Nice stuff Chuck. I have to agree, it ended too soon.
Great music.
Have a Merry Christmas!

Appreciated JP, the solo will be longer on the real recording. Thanks and Merry Christmas to you!

Sounds great Chuck!!! Killin as always!!!! Looking forward to the new CD!!! Hope all is well!!

Thanks Pinner, and back atcha bud!

Very cool sound, Chuck. My only complaint, if you will, is the solo isn't long enough. :)

'Buckered Tele? A la Jeff Beck, I suppose? Very cool. Apparently his web site hasn't been updated yet as I couldn't find any pertinent info on that said guitar.

Just one Bucker in the bridge Eddie. It's the prototype for the Rocco RUCKUS II. Same thing as the RUCKUS on my web page more or less other than the pickup. Tim is working on a hit rodded version of it and is getting close to the finish line. BTW, the solo will be longer on the record. This was a test to see if the file trading was syncing up. Not the best way to record this kind of music but a way to get it done with a very low budget. Drums were recorded in a studio old school w/ 3 mics but the bass and guitars will be done at our apts. The end goal is to be playing live with this band where the best music happens!

Chuck

newb3fan

I like it a lot Chuck. A bit of a different vibe from what you have recorded in the past. I'm looking forward to hear the whole recording soon enough. And no issue at all with the sync up and file sharing. Sounds seamless.

cdaloia

I like it a lot Chuck. A bit of a different vibe from what you have recorded in the past. I'm looking forward to hear the whole recording soon enough. And no issue at all with the sync up and file sharing. Sounds seamless.

Thanks Mike,

No reason to repeat your self if possible. If anything it will be more like my "Equation" trio CD from 91. Wow, I just realized that "Equation" is 23-24 years old.. We were young here and playing all of the notes twice... I think we'll have a little more grease this time around. Anyway, here' some of the "Equation" Live trio stuff. (different rhythm section)

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/cdtele/fast-food-live-clip[/SOUNDCLOUD]

and

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/cdtele/d-jam-live-clip[/SOUNDCLOUD]

I wish we could record live in the studio or even better live in a club filled with people. That's where this kind of music really happens.

We'll do the best we can with the file sharing but this is a live band.
I look forward to getting back out there!
Anyone need an opening act for your spring/summer tour?

Chuck

Last edited:

DøøG

I wish we could record live in the studio or even better live in a club filled with people. That's where this kind of music really happens.

We'll do the best we can with the file sharing but this will be a live band.
I look forward to getting back out there!
Anyone need an opening act for your spring tour?

Thanks for listening,

Chuck

Yeah Chuck, sounding great so far, but where is the rest of it? lol....

True, improv kinda stuff you really do need to play together, no doubt about it. Last time I recorded "live" in a room was 10 years ago, holé smokes. And then it was just me & a drummer bud, bass was added later. Middle section of the tune was kinda free form, no bass was added there, drum solo too, etc. It just wouldn't have been the same if we did our tracks separate.

Recording at home, I love it in a lot of ways, maybe EVERY way for me. I play on rock tunes for projects, it's definitely a different thing. Even back in the day, we'd play live, but we'd do overdubs and all that, so not really free and swinging.......

Oh yeah, dunno if you've looked into it for your computer, a SSD drive (like a big flash drive) will increase your speed like you have a new computer. Did this to an old 06 Pro, was like I got a new machine, instantaneous boot up, Pshop and Logic worked so much better......

Keep us posted on the tracks! Cool stuff......

cdaloia

DøøG;19147766 said:
Yeah Chuck, sounding great so far, but where is the rest of it? lol....

True, improv kinda stuff you really do need to play together, no doubt about it. Last time I recorded "live" in a room was 10 years ago, holé smokes. And then it was just me & a drummer bud, bass was added later. Middle section of the tune was kinda free form, no bass was added there, drum solo too, etc. It just wouldn't have been the same if we did our tracks separate.

Recording at home, I love it in a lot of ways, maybe EVERY way for me. I play on rock tunes for projects, it's definitely a different thing. Even back in the day, we'd play live, but we'd do overdubs and all that, so not really free and swinging.......

Oh yeah, dunno if you've looked into it for your computer, a SSD drive (like a big flash drive) will increase your speed like you have a new computer. Did this to an old 06 Pro, was like I got a new machine, instantaneous boot up, Pshop and Logic worked so much better......

Keep us posted on the tracks! Cool stuff......

Hey Doug, the rest never got recorded. The bass player and I just did a little test to see if everything would sync up w/ the drums. I know exactly what you mean about the interaction live and that's why I would love to record live but there are no funds. The drum tracks were recorded old school w/ 2 overheads and a K mic. I dig it, the drums show up in the stereo image where they sit physically. It opens up the middle where the sn would usually be and has some potential for interesting mixing ideas. Funds for studio time are non existent so working at home is the only way to do it. If I can get something decent enough to get our foot in the door we will kill live. The drummer (David Calarco) and I have played 1,000 gigs together w/ the late, great Nick Brignola and the bass player (Mike DuClos) and I go back 30 years. Mike's a NY guy and has done all kinds of gigs w/ people that we know and love as well as with my bands. We have that communication that you only get from playing together so much. Getting representation without having a bigger name is not an easy task and making a living as a musician hasn't been easy since the mid 70's when you could book a month at the same club for 6 nights a week. We have an uphill battle in front of us. So I'll ask again, anyone looking for an opening act for their spring/summer tour?

Chuck

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom