Norwegian jails have recording studios

Staggerlee

Sooooo, a country of barely 3 mill people where everyone is born with cash deposited in their account because they are so rich in oil is somehow directly comparable to the Good ol' US of A especially when it comes to crime rates.

:roll

Sooooo, a country of barely 3 mill people where everyone is born with cash deposited in their account because they are so rich in oil is somehow directly comparable to the Good ol' US of A especially when it comes to crime rates.

Murder is murder, crime is crime. Sooooooo try again.

The bear

Actually our population just passed 5 million.
There is a lot of oil in Norway, we are the 3rd largest oil exporter in the world.

fredgarvin

The main state prison here has one and maintains a roadie school. Or did last I knew. I don't think that's so unusual. Most places of detention aren't like TV, they have vocational programs other than making licence plates.

docgorpon

I didn't read the article, but I've known about this for awhile. I was in a death metal band here in Tampa, and we were recording at a studio owned by a guy that played for one of the more notable ones. When we were there, this guitarist was getting a request from one of these black metal dudes to collaborate on some recordings while he was in prison in Norway. He had a full, decent studio set up. Not only that, but the dude did less than 10 years (way less) for cold blooded 1st degree murder. Most of the tampa metal bands (Obituary, Morbid Angel, etc) are fairly normal, football loving guys. So he was rather turned off by this dude's status as a convicted, remorseless murderer, and ceased communication.
Anyhow, I don't want to get into a debate. But that just seems waaaaay too lax for my liking. Take away the threat of violence, give me a laptop and a guitar... that just sounds like a nice vacation to me. No work. Just sitting there making music and cruising the internet all day knowing that you'll still have plenty of life left to live when you get out... nah. That just doesn't sit right with me for people that have taken a life because it seemed like a fun thing to do at the time.

Trending Topics