NOS JRC 4558D in Maxon mod

candid_x

Silver Supporting Member
http://www.westchestermusic.net/ts.shtml

I've been trying out a modded Maxon/TS9/808 from this guy, and am extremely impressed. In addition to coming with the original NOS JRC 4558D it comes with three additional interchangeable chips, including a current 4558D.

This is one sweet sounding pedal. And this coming from someone who previously swore off pedals for good!

candid_x

Silver Supporting Member
can you hear a difference between the new and old opamps?
I've only tried one other opamp, the STMicroelectronics LM833N, which I liked a lot. Seemed to have a little more bite or attack. Unfortunately, between my aging eyes and clumsy fingers, I installed the others upside-down and fried them, d'oh! Ken at Westchester Music was great about replacing them for a modest fee. I'm giving the NOS one a good workout this time before trying another. Really smooth and creamy tones with this one.

teleblaster

Ive got one of his maxons. Top notch workmanship. He also goes by deadeye-beve on ebay. Probally the best TS ive ever had but also my first ever maxon. Nice pedal :D

candid_x

Silver Supporting Member
Cool, TB. Yep, I bought from him off eBay. I went with his Maxon cuz it already comes with true bypass, which is about a $30 mod to an Ib.

teleblaster

Yes the LM1458. I had one of those in my tim and really liked it alot. Sadly i broke one of the leads off removeing it. I need to get another.Wheres a good place to buy them little chip thangs?

Trending Topics