• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NOS Mullard preamp tubes best place best price?

mxr2000

hello anybody know of a good store or place to find good NOS Mullard preamp tubes or Power tubes of this company or any Vintage NOS tube company with the best lowest price possible... thanks you

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
Mike's never the cheapest in my experience but his CS and quality of product is second to none. When dealing with NOS tubes, you want to go with someone you can trust, and you can trust Mike.

SkipTracer

Email the "tube tramp" aka Terry Kilgore: terry_kilgore2003[at]yahoo.com
Quirky guy, but he'll hook you up.

skhan007

Silver Supporting Member
Email the "tube tramp" aka Terry Kilgore: terry_kilgore2003[at]yahoo.com
Quirky guy, but he'll hook you up.
+1. this guy sold me a bunch of tubes a couple of months ago. Not only does he know his stuff, his prices are VERY reasonable.

cradlefish

go to ebay. That's where I got mine for a fraction of what dealers charge. Get them use. They will still last a long time and sound the same as NOS.

hamfist

go to ebay. That's where I got mine for a fraction of what dealers charge. Get them use. They will still last a long time and sound the same as NOS.
+1 for pre-amp Mullards. Always buy tubes with the right etched codes. Anything without etching is a fake !

POwer tubes are another matter entirely, and are a much riskier propostiion buying used. Another vote for Terry at terry_kilgore2003[at]yahoo.com for NOS power tubes.

Timbre Wolf

Hyperspatial Gravity Surfer
Platinum Supporting Member
Mullard preamp tubes or Power tubes of this company
What makes you think you'd like Mullards? I mean, specific detailed sonic characteristics? I know the name carries lots of weight, but it is mostly for unknown reasons.

I'm sure you can achieve those goals, if you can define them in detail, with less expensive tube options.

- Thom

mxr2000

What makes you think you'd like Mullards? I mean, specific detailed sonic characteristics? I know the name carries lots of weight, but it is mostly for unknown reasons.

I'm sure you can achieve those goals, if you can define them in detail, with less expensive tube options.

- Thom
jejeje man I heard and play with a germino 55lv using NOS Mullards and know what those tubes can do to an amp like that.. just bring more life,that grind that spark more definition more warm more percusive definition damn ... hey by the way my e-mail was reply by Terry tonight... :)

gsf

NOS mullards in BFDR from Mike Kropotkin -- maybe over kill to put them throughout, but at least v1 ---You will get the perfect amount of spongy goodness and sweet top end.

Timbre Wolf

jejeje man I heard and play with a germino 55lv using NOS Mullards and know what those tubes can do to an amp like that.. just bring more life,that grind that spark more definition more warm more percusive definition damn ...
Okay - go with what you know. I'm just saying that, in my experience, you can do better than short-plate '60s/'70s Mullard 12AX7A, for much less money. Several '50s US options are cheaper, and have more detailed articulation, with all the punch and pizzaz you can want.

:BEER

- T

mxr2000

Okay - go with what you know. I'm just saying that, in my experience, you can do better than short-plate '60s/'70s Mullard 12AX7A, for much less money. Several '50s US options are cheaper, and have more detailed articulation, with all the punch and pizzaz you can want.

:BEER

- T
mmm i always hear any sugetion, could you tell me more about it and tell me how to get it, i like the idea of several options for me and my vintage freaks friends on my area..:roll:drink

Timbre Wolf

mmm i always hear any sugetion, could you tell me more about it and tell me how to get it, i like the idea of several options for me and my vintage freaks friends on my area..:roll:drink
Long-plate Tung-Sol (original, not Russian), GE (gray or black-plate), Ken-Rad, Raytheon (gray or black-plate), Sylvania (black-plate) - all these exhibit greater clarity than short-plate Mullard 12AX7A. You want tonally brighter, or opposite? Early or later breakup? You tell me what you like.

- T

mxr2000

Long-plate Tung-Sol (original, not Russian), GE (gray or black-plate), Ken-Rad, Raytheon (gray or black-plate), Sylvania (black-plate) - all these exhibit greater clarity than short-plate Mullard 12AX7A. You want tonally brighter, or opposite? Early or later breakup? You tell me what you like.

- T
I like all to get different reaction on different situations, but right now i look for my Traynors YBA-1, more of a late break up for a more fat warm clean tone and clarity..

Trending Topics