NOS Tesla E83CC ?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by rockon1, Feb 25, 2006.

1. rockon1

rockon1 Member

Is this a 12ax7 replacement? Thanks Bob[​IMG]

2. tedjac

tedjac Guest

I'm no expert by any means... but I believe they are (95% sure). One site said that the E83CCs are a "premium low noise variant" of the ECC83/12AX7. It also said that they usually came with "gold pins." I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will post... then we'll know for sure.

3. rockon1

rockon1 Member

Hmmm. They are 80$ a pair on Ebay NOS NIB

4. tedjac

tedjac Guest

Mike at KCA has the same tubes for the same price... and I think his are matched triodes... maybe he'll chime in here.

5. VacuumVoodoo

VacuumVoodoo Member

The SQ special quality E83CC is guaranteed 10.000hrs lifetime, this is the operational time it takes for key parameters to drop to certain min limits, for example nominal initial mutual conductance is specified at 1600, end of life value 1050. SQ means it will take at least 10.000 hrs to reach this value.
    Noise and sensitivity to microphonics are same as for your standard issue ECC83 with about 2.000 hrs lifetime. It doesn't matter whether its Tesla, Philips ot any other make. If it's stamped E88CC it has to conform to the specs.

Detailed datasheet is here: http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/frank/sheets/009/e/E83CC.pdf

6. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Sterling, VA (not far from Washington DC)
    All 4 triodes in both tubes are matched within 2%. You get a warranty with mine too. ;)

7. BozoTone

BozoTone Member

The Tesla E83CC that I got from KCA is my favorite tube for V1 in my Goodsell Super 17...has great punch and a very smooth transition from edge of breakup to saturation.....
    BZT