• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NOS Tubes for Bruno Underground 30 & Cowtipper 22?

ContinentalOp

Finally I'm in the position to put some good tubes in these amps. I'd like to know which NOS tubes others have used, and their luck with 'em. And which are the best bargain? Hell, I'd love a matched set of RCA 6V6 tubes in the Cowtipper, but...well, as for many others, this is not really the time.
All the best pickin' to ye, and thank-you in advance for the advice.

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
Finally I'm in the position to put some good tubes in these amps. I'd like to know which NOS tubes others have used, and their luck with 'em. And which are the best bargain? Hell, I'd love a matched set of RCA 6V6 tubes in the Cowtipper, but...well, as for many others, this is not really the time.
All the best pickin' to ye, and thank-you in advance for the advice.

Wow! Two of the best amps made IMO. I love RCAs in the Cowtippers preamp with a mullard rectifier tube...Telefunkens for the reverb! :AOK

ContinentalOp

I'm certainly enthusiastic about them. I've been playing for about twenty years, and finally have that 'I've come home' feeling about my amplifier(s). Which do you prefer? They're really different animals. After playing the Underground for almost two years, it took me a little time to learn how to use the Cow Tipper.

traviswalk

In the Great State
On the UG30, the NOS GE EL84s are great and not a killer to the budget. I put Telefunkens in the preamps where ever I could get them followed by some reissue Tung-Sol 12AX7s (don't laugh, the good ones that make it through the first few days are great!).

ContinentalOp

Thanks TW. If I go the Tung-Sol RI route, I'll make a point to buy them locally! The GE EL84s sound like a really good bet. Telefunken I only know through reputation as being kickass and very expensive.

Tag

I'm certainly enthusiastic about them. I've been playing for about twenty years, and finally have that 'I've come home' feeling about my amplifier(s). Which do you prefer? They're really different animals. After playing the Underground for almost two years, it took me a little time to learn how to use the Cow Tipper.
Yea, totally different sounding amps, which is a good thing! I had telefunkens all the way across in my UG30. I loved both amps equally, but the Cowtippers fit me better, so after 5-6 years, I sold the UG because I needed the money. The Cowtipper 35 is going nowhere! :dude

lukeII

Don't mean to hijack the thread here but was is the clean headroom like on the CT35 with a Humbucker guitar like a les paul. Loud enough to play in a band with a clean sound? Also any opinion on the CT35 vs the CT45?

ContinentalOp

Thread hi-jacker! How can you sleep at night?

I think Tag would be a better person to ask than myself (which is probably what you had in mind anyway). The Cow Tipper 22 is a 6V6 amp, the 35 and 45 I believe are 6L6 amps, I can tell you that much. And this model is, I believe, the most 'Fendery' of the Bruno line, which might give you an idea as far as headroom. I think the Cow Tipper is also available as a 90-watt amp-- surely plenty of headroom there, esp. w/2x12 speakers. Check out an Underground, too, if you can.

Trending Topics