Not a big Ted Nugent fan at all...

reaiken

The first concert I ever went to was Ted Nugent, when I was a teenager in the 70's. It made a lasting impression - I even played "Cat Scratch Fever" in the high school talent show with my first band, and I used to put a Marshall 4x12 in the window of my dorm first semester in college and serenade everyone with some Ted full volume at 2AM after a night downtown drinking...

A gun-totin', guitar playin', wimmen-lovin', all-american rocker, what's not to like? :)

Randall Aiken

SoCalSteve

The first concert I ever went to was Ted Nugent, when I was a teenager in the 70's. It made a lasting impression - I even played "Cat Scratch Fever" in the high school talent show with my first band, and I used to put a Marshall 4x12 in the window of my dorm first semester in college and serenade everyone with some Ted full volume at 2AM after a night downtown drinking...

A gun-totin', guitar playin', wimmen-lovin', all-american rocker, what's not to like? :)

Randall Aiken
My first concert as well. (I could swear the girl in front of me was having an orgasm during the Stranglehold solo!) He was my first "guitar hero". I had (and still have it folded away) a 5' x 3' wall poster of the guy.

I saw him some 30 years later a couple of years ago with my son at the very intimate Anaheim House of Blues, and the guy played his ass off for 90 minutes with only a very short break while the rhythm section were showing their stuff.

Alvis

If you dont have Tooth Fang & Claw , GET IT
Back when his agenda was rock n roll !

tnvol

Ufologist
I liked Ted a lot when I was growing up. I kinda lost interest when he was in that band with Jack Blades. Don't remember the name. He is what he is. His politics kinda turn me off sometimes. He can play his ass off though. Can't take that away from him.

mojoalb1

^^^^^ uh oh lead singer gets more camera time than Teddy. He must think it's his band.
He probably plays harmonica too. Ha Ha Ha.

blownirocz

Suppoutin' Memba Sinss Dem Oud Dayz...
Silver Supporting Member
Gigbag said:
Me too. Anyone care to share? -- unless it violates TGP rules.
Many believed that the lyrics promoted/glamorized the abuse of women. Read the lyrics and you might see how some could make this connection.

Custom50

ted is nuttier than an o henry bar but the man is a great guitar player and always has been.

cdntac

He's actually quite a nice guy. He'll do more charity work for kids, cops, military members, etc in a week then most of us will do in an entire lifetime.

He's blunt and honest and won't hold back if you ask his opinion. ;)

How many anti-drug, anti-alcohol rock stars do you hear about?

And how many guitarists have their own line of ammo (coming out soon)? ;)

V-Type

Take out Ted the character,politician,hunter,etc.. and solely go by Ted the writer,musician,frontman and you have the total R&R package other than vocals.
He and Derek are a Great duo and Derek's voice gives those old Ted songs half their life.
What the Doctor Ordered,Snakeskin Cowboys,etc.....

Lucky one

Agree or disagree with his position on many issues, his genius goes far beyond playing guitar. He is relentless in everything he pursues and I truly believe he is sincere. I know one thing, I would never want to debate him, he stands behind his convictions better than anyone I've ever seen.

rspencer

I agree. And when you see him discussing politics with someone, it seems many are surprised that he is intelligent & can give his reasons for his beliefs. He can be a bit over-the-top, but he always has been. Musically as well as politically. He likes to take the less serious road. His "Wang-Dang" doesn't lead to "Doodle." :)

The guy is an awesome player in my book. Master of feedback manipulation. Writes killer riffs. I love his lead phrasing. Lots of Ted leads I can't imagine anyone else playing; the phrasing & note choice are so "him."

Funny, I don't know if I've ever listed him in my top 5 for any polls/lists, but thinking about it, he's definitely been an influence. Feedback grew to be part of "my" sound, and in a big part because of him. "Cat Scratch Fever" was one of the first songs I learned. And "Great White Buffalo" was my holy grail song for a while, the one I was determined to learn & play well.

If you've never seen him live, do it. It's hard to not have fun at a Ted show.

Rockledge

I've never been a big fan of his either, particularly since he went on his political extremist bizarre rants, but he did have a few good songs, and "Stranglehold" is one of them. The nice thing about his stuff is that it is very easy to play, and popular in clubs.

Trending Topics