Not a big Ted Nugent fan at all...

Cymbaline

IPLAYLOUD

That's my old buddy Greg Smith on Bass.
Nugent asked for him to tour again in 2012, said he's the only guy he ever needs to play with.
He hasn't let up, rocks even harder now.

kstrat62

Supporting Member
I was a big fan of his back in the day when Strangle hold was new! I've seen him a few times recentley and he still can rock the house! You won't be let down if you go to one of his shows.

alguit

"Double Live Gonzo" remains one of my all-time favorite live albums. I got it as a kid, into the Beatles and just starting to listen to more rock music, and it just twisted my fragile little mind in so many good ways!

Heck of a picker and phraser.

Cymbaline

I'm a firm believer that there are some licks that olny the nuge can pull off...maybe it was the frets on the Byrdland, or maybe he was/is that badass, but some Nugent licks, especially the solos, are genius.
This is Exhibit A. This one just blows me away every time I hear it. Check out the solo starting around 3:00. Starts off with "Rhino in heat" feedback noises, then the original Wang Dang lick at 4:10, and what the hell is he doing with crazy descending lick at 4:36???

vortexxxx

Supporting Member
He often picks the notes within of some chords individually. He also dampens some of the strings to conrol which notes he wants feedbacking

Cymbaline

He often picks the notes within of some chords individually. He also dampens some of the strings to conrol which notes he wants feedbacking
He's a master at controlling feedback. He'd have to be, with that hollow Byrdland and wall of dimed Fenders Super Twins. Put his guitar into any other player's hands, and the thing would probably launch itself into orbit, but he's always in perfect control.

Last edited:

JDW3

This is Exhibit A. This one just blows me away every time I hear it. Check out the solo starting around 3:00. Starts off with "Rhino in heat" feedback noises, then the original Wang Dang lick at 4:10, and what the hell is he doing with crazy descending lick at 4:36???

"...kicks ass every night and every day and got to have it every way crew, let's hear it for my crew..."

Love it!

A lot of those crazy bends (like at 3:00) and during Hibernation especially, Ted is bending the strings below the bridge. He's got 5 or 6 inches of string to the tailpiece.

p19978

Saw him live as a 3 piece about 6-7 yrs ago; a great show and my ears are still ringing!

Kitsapbass

I don't think he is in the RnR Hall Of Fame is he? What a joke.
There is a tremendous amount of crap going on with the RnR HoF...

No Rush. No Deep Purple. No Iron Maiden. No Kiss.

But Donna Summer is. The Beastie Boys are. Abba is. Madonna is.

GFR4LYF

There is a tremendous amount of crap going on with the RnR HoF...

No Rush. No Deep Purple. No Iron Maiden. No Kiss.

But Donna Summer is. The Beastie Boys are. Abba is. Madonna is.
And to add one more to the list, Grand Funk Railroad.

GFR4LYF

With all these reunions going on it would be great to see, Ted reunited with Derek St. Holmes, Bob LeGrange, and Cliff Davies once again. But with all the egos involved it is probably highly unlikely.

Trending Topics