• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Not bad for 52

Electro

Platinum Supporting Member
My story is probably very similar to alot of others. Music and dreams of success in my younger days, put aside for family and career. Now as my youngest gets ready to graduate HS, I am back to my love of music. This time no aspirations of anything other then just loving writing and playing. Take a listen to the first track off a CD I am releasing.
[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/brian-drucks/i-know-what-youre-thinking[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Last edited:

BenoA

Sounds very good! Feel good happy rock music! Good job. The tune has a good vibe and even if it's minus 1000 here this morning, it makes me want to drive the Jeep top down.

Good guitar tones and playing also. You could be a source of inspiration for many here.

Rock on buddy!

Electro

Thanks for your kind words. It's a balmy 25 degrees here in New Jersey which is actually warmer then we've been having. Looks like it will get even warmer for the game Sunday.

tap4154

Agreed with everyone! Great tune, makes you wanna drive a fun road with the top down, very catchy, solo was perfect, not overdone. Kinda song that sticks in your head.

Nice track. I'm in the same situation as you. Played a lot in college, gave it up in grad school and 25 years later picked up a guitar and got the bug again. Just uploaded my first recording, so I'm quite a ways behind you in experience, but it's good to know that it's not too late to start having fun playing music again. :rockin

wpawley

"I really really like it" as the song says. I really do! Tell us more about how you recorded it, who backed you up, etc..... I'm 61, got involuntarily retired from my job, and got back into the roots of my playing (back to playing Bass again).

Electro

I think our story can resonate with many. Here's my lead up story
http://briandruxproject.com/about/
For this project I used all I had learned in business about Networking and planning to make this thing actually happen. From the start to completion it took over a year. I have a teenage daughter who has been battling a nasty disease for 3 years so many breaks to deal with that.
I have a studio in my basement that started as your typical Protools setup. That i just upgraded so all the pieces are pretty good but its still a basement.
An old friend of mine is a producer engineer (He just produced Leslie West's new album) He helped me out, working with me from start to finish. We did the drums in his studio and mixed it there but everything else was done in my basement.
We used our network to get some pretty top-notch help on the music end. I will have the CDs on Thurs and will start selling on iTunes next week.
It's a new music world out there (compared to how it was when I was in my 20's). I think its allowed great oppurtunies like we are sharing here. I'll keep ya posted.

Rusty G.

I like it. . .I really, really like it.

Nice song, well produced. Good luck with the rest of the CD.

b.t.w. . .How many tracks will be on your CD?

edwarddavis

Silver Supporting Member
First song I ever listed to on here from start to finish.
Great straight ahead rock song. Love to hear more

Electro

Thanks again, there will be 5 songs on the CD. Anyone have any suggestions for getting the word out there, anything you have done that has been successful?

geek-mo

Silver Supporting Member
Dig it!

Edit: If you don't mind me asking, what kind of studio(s) did you track in and where did you do the post-production? It sounds like you did the right thing and had the recording mastered. I ask because I am in the same boat you are. :)

Good work!

Edit again: (Finally bothered to follow the links in your sig.)

Last edited:

Electro

Geek-mo
Except for drums, all tracks were cut in my basement. I have a protools/native setup I used an Avalon mic/pre compressor channel strip into a omni HD interface. I had a small guest room that I had double layered with Sheetrock and then had acoustical panels put on the wall. Most guitars were recorded with a sm 57 and a second mic don't remember what kind. The key for me was I have all this equipment and no desire to learn how to use it so that's why I had a producer friend help me. He's great at getting guitar tones. We mixed it at his studio and as you read had it mastered at sterling sound in NYC. I have used other mastered places that I think just run it thru some software. What a difference a real mastering house makes. Feel free to pm me with any questions you have. I would be more then glad to share what I went thru. I hope you like the rest of the material. Each song has something a little different to it yet I think they are cohesive.
Thanks again for the kind words.

Crag Dweller

Great tune! Like you I got the bug again as my kids have grown and left home. Unfortunately work picked up the same time, so I've had very little time to play. :(

Trending Topics

Top Bottom