Not obviously stereo pedals

Kennyscrown

I have a stereo rig, and though strictly 'one in one out' at the moment, I'm interested in more stereo effects.

What effects aren't obviously stereo?

For example, the Keeley 30ms had one output but can do a wide stereo effect.

I understand the Dr Scientist Tremolessence is stereo as well through only one output.

Any others?

dougb415

I have a stereo rig, and though strictly 'one in one out' at the moment, I'm interested in more stereo effects.

What effects aren't obviously stereo?

For example, the Keeley 30ms had one output but can do a wide stereo effect.

I understand the Dr Scientist Tremolessence is stereo as well through only one output.

Any others?
They are one output, but those are stereo outs. I'm curious as to what you mean by "aren't obviously stereo"?

Ugly Bunny

Yup. No stereo effect like the M300 though.
Now I'm even more confused... is OP looking for effects that ARE NOT stereo but seem like it, like the Mimiq, 30ms, and Deco? Or just effects that don't have 2 inputs and two outputs? I guess I don't understand the original question (nor do I understand why you quoted me or your reaction to my post lol).

Kennyscrown

Now I'm even more confused... is OP looking for effects that ARE NOT stereo but seem like it, like the Mimiq, 30ms, and Deco? Or just effects that don't have 2 inputs and two outputs? I guess I don't understand the original question (nor do I understand why you quoted me or your reaction to my post lol).

I'm looking for pedals that have stereo-type effects - not necessarily true stereo, but have left and right outputs which give some interesting movement and can be used either as the stereo split point, or have left and right inputs and outputs and preserve stereo signals going through.

My point is there are some pedals of this type that aren't obvious from the publicity, descriptions, physical aspects of the pedal i.e. only one output etc.

Ugly Bunny

I'm looking for pedals that have stereo-type effects - not necessarily true stereo, but have left and right outputs which give some interesting movement and can be used either as the stereo split point, or have left and right inputs and outputs and preserve stereo signals going through.

My point is there are some pedals of this type that aren't obvious from the publicity, descriptions, physical aspects of the pedal i.e. only one output etc.
Yep. Just as confused still. I honestly wish you the best of luck but I'm useless in this thread. Sorry :( I'm sure somebody will be able to help you out. Cheers!

Junta

Pigtronix Quantum - killer chorus, and amazingly musical vibrato. Envelope filter triggered, or regular LFO. Mono in, stereo TRS out. VERY VERY wide stereo field. Wider than any other pedal I have experienced.

EHX Super Pulsar - Stereo in and out (two jacks on both sides). Phase 360 degrees manipulation. Great stereo effect. Probably one of the most featured analog tremolos out there, if not the most.

Moog MF series pedals: I have experience with the Flange in stereo - Unique! Mono in, stereo TRS out.

Last edited:

Kennyscrown

Pigtronix Quantum - killer chorus, and amazingly musical vibrato. Envelope filter triggered, or regular LFO. Mono in, stereo TRS out. VERY VERY wide stereo field. Wider than any other pedal I have experienced.

EHX Super Pulsar - Stereo in and out (two jacks on both sides). Phase 360 degrees manipulation. Great stereo effect. Probably one of the most featured analog tremolos out there, if not the most.

Moog MF series pedals: I have experience with the Flange in stereo - Unique! Mono in, stereo TRS out.

That's brilliant, I had no idea that the Moog MF pedals have stereo outs. It looks like it is just the Flanger and Chorus that have TRS outputs, but it's not publicised at all.

The Pigtronix pedal looks ace, almost exactly what I'm looking for - an interesting take on vibrato and Chorus. Again, you have to look carefully at their website to see that it has stereo capability - I read a couple of reviews where this wasn't mentioned at all.

Yep. Just as confused still. I honestly wish you the best of luck but I'm useless in this thread. Sorry :( I'm sure somebody will be able to help you out. Cheers!

Sorry I've not been clear, but this is what I'm talking about - the above pedals have stereo outputs but you wouldn't know about it without a bit of digging around or someone telling you!

Kennyscrown

Oh man, I get it! It looks like you're a True Stereo zealot!

:phones :mob

I would class the Deco, Mimic and 30ms as stereo pedals. Would you only class a pedal as stereo if it has independent processing for both the left and right channels? I'm genuinely confused as to what people mean when they say something isn't or is true stereo - stereo is just an audio illusion anyway!

The Pigtronix pedal looks ace, almost exactly what I'm looking for - an interesting take on vibrato and Chorus. Again, you have to look carefully at their website to see that it has stereo capability - I read a couple of reviews where this wasn't mentioned at all.

Regarding the Quantum, I know it's not exactly what you're initially asking for but I would suggest connecting the Quantum on one side of an already split stereo setup. So if two cables are connecting a pedal's stereo output to another's stereo input, place the Quantum on only one channel (left or right). This gives the effect an interesting and very usable wide and 3-dimensional sound that really pulls you between the dry signal and the modulated. I absolutely love it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom