Not really a demo reel

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by BuddyGuit, Mar 12, 2015.

1. BuddyGuit

BuddyGuit Supporting Member

I was recently asked to speak to a class at a university. I made this "reel" to play for the students to give myself some sort of credibility. I thought I'd post it here. It's short parts of some of the things I've written. A couple I did just to do but most were for library music or music for a company that places things on tv. I'm trying to get mail box money. Maybe you'll enjoy some of the snippets.

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/buddyguit/boila-reel[/SOUNDCLOUD]

2. Mondoslug

Mondoslug Supporting Member

Super versatile and great sounds BuddyGuit! Those are your creations?

3. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Very, very cool Buddy ...
    Think a lot of cats here on TGP have little or just a vague idea of how talented you truly are ....

4. BuddyGuit

BuddyGuit Supporting Member

Thanks Andy. No I certainly didn't create the sounds. I just use presets. Drums are Stylus, Superior Drummer, Logic drums and maybe NI Vintage Drums. Some drums I programed and some are loops I edited. I use Spectrasonics Omnisphere and some of the synths in Logic 10.1. I am pretty interested in Absynth and other NI instruments. I played all the string instruments except charango which was a rhythmic sample on Omnisphere. I did all the other programing except for one track where a friend played virtual organ and I edited it. Shoot finding the sounds takes as long or longer than coming up with the parts!

Thanks for the kind words Joseph. Live playing is pretty scarce for me these days so I'm trying to write music on demand. I'm pretty much a hack but I enjoy it when the opportunity comes.