Not So Fast....

andybaylor

Supporting Member
Wow. I remember now. RIP to all.

I knew a kid that died in that fire. We called him Metal Matt. He wasnt a musician, or even a drummer, but he went to at least 200 shows a year and recorded a good bit of them. In fact, that's how I met him. He recorded a few of my shows back in the day. He just loved music and seeing live bands, more than anyone else I have ever met. He's actually seen in the video right at the front of the stage as the fire started. The ONLY positive I can find, and it's a very small one, is that at least when he passed he was doing something he truly loved. RIP Metal Matt.

On a side note, the next day my phone rang off the hook because that show was the type of show my buddies and I went to all the time. I was never a GW fan or I most likely would have been there myself.
This post really hit home for me.

Thank you for putting a face with the tragedy.

RIP Metal Matt.

tnvol

Ufologist
What is this about? It's obviously tragic, and I'm not being disrespectful, just curious what incident you are talking about.

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Gold Supporting Member
Is it the anniversary of the Station nightclub fire? Tragic.

andybaylor

Supporting Member
Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, this is in response to the Jack Russell/Neil Schon thread.

LAVALLE

Silver Supporting Member
Here is a short profile on Matt.
http://www.boston.com/news/packages/nightclub_fire/victims/mpickett.htm

I have to say that as tragic as this incident was, it was really inspiring to see Dee Snider, Stryper, Boston, Aaron Lewis, and all the other musicicians that donated their time and talents to help raise money and awareness for the victims, survivors, and their families. No matter what style, music is a common bond that we all share. Even if I wasn't a fan of any of the bands that performed (which I am) I would still support their future endeavors out of respect. We may be strangers, but we're all in this together.