• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Nothing exemplifies the Punk Rock ethos more than this....

JoeB63

Silver Supporting Member

John(aka: Moby Dick)

Silver Supporting Member

starvinmarvin

The $15,000 Joe Strummer Fender Esquire

Discuss ;)
I kind of feel the same about Mike McCready's $15K 60s Stratocaster (I think these even came out in the same batch?). Not punk exactly, but both him and Vedder frequently cite punk influences and have been known to promote music such as The Clash and Fugazi.

I think we're at least safe from a Ian MacKaye Gibson SG, thank Providence.

ArtDecade

I kind of feel the same about Mike McCready's 15K 60s Stratocaster (I think these even came out in the same batch?). Not punk exactly, but both him and Vedder frequently cite punk influences and have been known to promote music such as The Clash and Fugazi.

I think we're at least safe from a Ian MacKaye Gibson SG, thank Providence.
[Ian MacKaye enters the chat]

dcburn

Silver Supporting Member
I'm a fan of Fender and a fan of The Clash. I just don't understand the price tag on this nor the McCready strat? Newly produced guitars made to look old, they don't even have one of those insane PRS tops!

starvinmarvin

I'm a fan of Fender and a fan of The Clash. I just don't understand the price tag on this nor the McCready strat? Newly produced guitars made to look old, they don't even have one of those insane PRS tops!
Well, making an exact copy of a particularly distressed guitar finish is very labour intensive and bordering on actual art rather than guitar manufacture. Not worth $15K to me, but hey, hopefully the buyers have worked for their money and who am I to tell them how to spend it?

The only thing worth discussing to me is whether some sort of previously implied value system has been pushed aside here for some of these guitars. If KISS did this I'd say rock on, just as I expected. Wouldn't bat an eyelid if Keith Richards had FCS build a $50K Telecaster copy of Micawber.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom