"Nothing Personal"

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Frank Axtell, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Frank Axtell

Frank Axtell Member

Here is a version of Don Grolnick's "Nothing Personal" as Performed by my quartet at The Lake Worth Street Painting Festival" just this last spring. This cut features Jackson Bunn from Miami on piano, Lewis Rainbow, my new drummer also from Miami and my long time bassist Randy Ward. The mix is a little rough as I had nothing to do with the recording but at least you guys will get the idea. http://streetpaintingfestivalinc.org/Audio/NothingPersonal.mp3

2. CarlosEduardo

CarlosEduardo Member

Excelent work Frank, great guitar perfom ...I can note a personal picking approach here, cool, it sound like a hybrid finger/pick or finger tip pinch I sometimes try too, how do you do it Frank?
    ah the band ..impressive high class, all of you are just outstanding!! btw, I use to play or jam with Andres Briceño (drums), Miguel Hernandez(drums), Carlos Sanoja(bass), Rodner Padilla (bass), Otmaro Ruiz (piano), Hildemaro Alvarez(piano), Maria Virginia Ramirez, (my sister and jazz pianist) Pablo Gil (sax), Frank Quintero, Gerry Weil (piano) Gerardo Chacon (bass)and other excelent jazz musicians. Unfortunatelly I dont have many of that recorded I will try to post some live clips I hold. Great again Frank ...thank you for sharing up mate !

Carlos

http://www.jazzpick.net/music

3. Frank Axtell

Frank Axtell Member

It's just standard down up picking. My last teacher in Miami was the notorious Vincent Bredice. He had us play the entire arrangment of Paganini's "Perpetual Motion" one year until my fingers almost fell off. Everyone in our class had to memorize it. He was relentless and very much into sight reading, theory and technique. His "Mel Bay's Complete Book of Guitar Improvisation is a must for any serious guitar student. I use it with my own students. Vince was an old school guitar guru, well versed in classical guitar. jazz guitar as well as 12 tone music and composition. Joe Diorio and Sid Jacobs are two of Vincent Bredice's well known students :)