Nova Delay and POG2 with MC-403

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Chriswagon, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Chriswagon

Chriswagon Member

So I just picked up an MC-403! I mounted it to to my board, but haven't set anything up yet. The one thing that is confusing me is that the manual online for this says the 2 outputs for variable voltage require a reverse polarity cable that isn't included.

I plan on using one output for the Nova Delay, and the other for the POG2 (since it needs 180mA to run). I've been running the POG2 off the included adapter that simply says something like "replacement for Boss/Ibanez style pedals" on it.

Do I need a reverse polarity plug for these pedals? ... or can I just plug them in with one of the supplied cables and dial in the voltage to approximately where it should be? I feel like they wouldn't give you two outlets without including the appropriate cables for them.

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. Danny B

Danny B Member

Use the supplied cables. And a nice tip, the POG 2 doesn't need to be powered off one of the variable voltage taps :) I power my POG 2 off one of the normal 9V taps.

3. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

Nova Delay will power thru 1 of the variable voltage taps, use a regular center negative 2.1mm power cable, press the "RED" button in and set the mini pot to about 11/11:30 position.

Place the POG2 in a regular 9V tap as Danny B mentioned.

4. Farbulous

Farbulous Member

Yep, I powered a Nova Delay through one of the variable taps as well. No problemo.

5. Chriswagon

Chriswagon Member

I only thought that about the POG 2 because I started charting my pedals and realized the mA draw was more. I'll just use a regular output for it though.
    And thanks for that Nova Delay setting jnepo1!

That's why I love this forum. Everyone is so helpful! Thanks again, guys.

6. paulvcarter

paulvcarter Member

I never had much joy using patch cables with my POG or other high volt EHX

7. Chriswagon

Chriswagon Member

What do you mean?