Nova Delay, finding the current knob settings for preset?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by StompBoxBlues, Jan 15, 2008.

1. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

I could have sworn I read it in the manual, even passed the info on to others, but I can't find it. It's like 3 a.m. here in Norway, and my eyes are tired but I did skim the manual and cannot find this...anyone here know?

When you go into a preset, the knobs are most likely wrong...I thought if you very carefully turned them (like for example the "color" knob, or "feedback" any of them) when you hit the number it is set to really in the preset, a LED or something came on, or blinked...SOME how told you you had the feedback at 25 or something...

Anyone know?

2. tuberider

tuberider Supporting Member

I'd like to know this as well.
    I thought it's supposed to work like that in the manual setting, then store them in the presets.
    I can't seem to get mine to hold the delay time. Something is causing it to revert to audio tapping mode after I've stored a delay time in one of the 1-9 preset spots. I'm probably just not reading the manual carefully.

3. radcliff

radcliff Member

You probably have the Audio Tapping mode turned on in your manual mode, making it do the same when you save your presets.

4. dougb415

dougb415 Supporting Member

Read the manual - it explains how to set your unit so that you set the delay time. It was a pain in the butt at first but now it's not a problem, as I have all of my presets using different pre-defined delay times.

5. Vegas Bob

Vegas Bob Supporting Member

It's a little tricky...
    First you must understand that there are two sections to the pedal. Preset and Global.

The only way you can tell which mode you are is in the green light on the Preset button. If it's blinking you are in preset mode. If it stays on you are in global.

If you step on the Tap button too long you will switch into global and your presets won't appear to be working. They're still saved but you won't have access until you go back to preset mode.

The book in my opinion is crap!

6. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Member

7. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

I really am sure there was a way to see where your preset settings for knobs are set....

REALLY...no one else knows or uses this?

I am positive there was a way...guess I will have to try and fine comb the manual or test it. They have some nice features, but they would have been MUCH better if they had used an interface LED thingy like V-amp2 did with their knobs.

8. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Hey Stomp,
    Can't do it AFAIK.
    I had an email dialog with TC a while back b/c I LOVE the Nova, but I find their implementation of knobs/settings to be frustrating.

For instance, I often use only a touch a delay, set Mix Level to like "4" in one of my presets. So, if I want to bring the delay level up a bit and I don't recall what my level setting is (who memorizes every all knob settings for all presets???), I have to begin to turn the Mix Level knob, which won't trigger a change in the display until it gets to 15-20 or so. And then I am like... Damn, where was I -- I only want a touch more -- what value do I set it to? And I have to start guessing at values.

Is this your problem as well? If so, TC says tough nuggies - no can do.
    If I am wrong here, someone tell me. I'd love to hear it.

9. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Yeah...that is exactly what I want it for too...I get a preset in the "ballpark" but one time it sounds great, the next it is a little too overbearing, one HAS to be able to tweak "just a schosh.." from where it currently is set.

I am going to scour that manual...I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered even doing it and thinking "I have to go through all my good presets, see where things are set and write them down.." which I couldn't do if there were NO indication.

I am wondering if it wasn't the "preset" LED blinks when you get to the old settting...I am going to set ALL patches to a certain number for say feedback and see if I can see which it is...

10. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Stompbox.
    Report back!

11. Andy J.

Andy J. Member

I just read through the manual, and I sure couldn't find a way to do that. Which, coincidentally, is why I printed out a few forms to write down my own presets last friday, when I finally had a day to try and dial in some usable presets. This way I can keep the documents with my board, and jot down the changes whenever I edit a preset.