Nova delay help!!!

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by revelati0n, Feb 21, 2009.

1. revelati0n

revelati0n Member

i was playing at a gig yesterday, and i attempted to tap in new tempo for the nova delay as we were starting the next song. it didnt register the tempo at all, even if i tapped in 245435 beats. after, i tried to turn the pedal off by hitting the left switch, but that didnt work too. i then pulled out the adaptor to see if turning the pedal off and then back on to see if anything would work again. when i plugged it back in, the pedal's LED's light up for a very,very, very short time, and then all of them die, except for a very slow blinking preset button. needless to say, i was pretty screwed and i had to play the rest of the gig with no delay.

i power it off a pp2+ on the 5th output w/ dip switch on. i got it second hand, i tried emailing tc electronic but i didnt get any response yet. is there anyway i can get it repaired or replaced? i don't have any of the original paperwork; i only have the serial number and stuff on the back of the pedal.

2. touji

touji Member

Thats awful man, I hope you can get that fixed. There goes some $$$ and without the paperwork, it could be tough D:

3. Jerry

Jerry Supporting Member

I'm not sure of what they do for the pedals, but IIRC , they charge $300-350 flat rate for repairing a GForce, M2000, etc.

4. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

How long did you have the adapter pulled out? This (in computers, etc.) is known as a "hard reset" and you want to leave the thing off for at least 20-30 seconds to let any capacitors discharge, to get to ground zero with the pedal.

Have you tried since, repowering? Same problem?
    If I were you I would try again with the original adapter, and go into the manual to find "set to factory defaults" and then see what happens.

I have mentioned before, I find both the nova delay and reverb to be slightly "glitchy" and have had weirdness with both, but always has helped by removing power for a few minutes, then powering up again.

5. shaggs

shaggs Member

great, i just picked one up!!

6. LeeSympathetic

LeeSympathetic Member

^

Nice!!!

This story youve posted is really similar to my friends..

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  7. brent

brent Member

FWIW the Nova delay does not have a reset to factory defaults

8. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

That's right, sorry I forgot. Now that you mention it, that bugged me too...

9. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

This pedal is suppose to be calibrated! Look in your manual. In order to get the tap tempo to stop is to turn the delay knob counter clockwise until it reaches 0. If you do not know how to calibrate the pedal, message me and I will read to you the directions. Maybe someone else can do this for you today? Im heading off to work right now and dont have time to do it.

10. endofsorrow

endofsorrow Member

11. chilibatsu

chilibatsu Supporting Member

That's EXACTLY what happened to my Nova Delay as well.
    I've e-mailed TC and right now my Nova Delay is at TC for repair ( under the warranty ).
    I was using the pedal with TC power supply which came with the pedal.