nova delay-looping?

blood5150

that is not looping... that is just what they call "sound on sound"... eventually that will turn into a self occillating mess...

the timefactor has a true looper, you push one button to start recording, then press another button to play the 1st loop, then you can keep adding to that...I think that you can even control the pitch of the loops as well..

BTBAM

Someone posted how it does looping. And it clearly doesn't have a looper...just showing how you can use it like looping.

Actually...it won't turn into a self oscillating mess.

The Nova can be set to 100% feedback setting...so it will stay, and it will won't fade out...and if you don't add audio to it, it wont oscillate either.

I use the dl-4, dd-20, rc-20xl, timefactor, dd-6, rc-50. Trust me, I know how to loop....but none of those things were his question.

that is not looping... that is just what they call "sound on sound"... eventually that will turn into a self occillating mess...

the timefactor has a true looper, you push one button to start recording, then press another button to play the 1st loop, then you can keep adding to that...I think that you can even control the pitch of the loops as well..
On the DD-20 you use the switch to record and then switch to listen. Then you have to hold the switch down to record over. It's pretty good if you just want to loop for practice, not really good for a live situation.

blood5150

Someone posted how it does looping. And it clearly doesn't have a looper...just showing how you can use it like looping.

Actually...it won't turn into a self oscillating mess.

The Nova can be set to 100% feedback setting...so it will stay, and it will won't fade out...and if you don't add audio to it, it wont oscillate either.

I use the dl-4, dd-20, rc-20xl, timefactor, dd-6, rc-50. Trust me, I know how to loop....but none of those things were his question.
OK... but its still not looping... it more of a sound on sound kind of feature, like you would get out of a tape echo machine, you dont really have much control over the "looping". also the loops cant be saved right?

BTBAM

I see no point in your arguing about this. It has nothing to do with his question. However:

Whatever you want to call it. Sound on sound would still be looping. Hence why the looping feature that the dd-20 has is called "sound on sound" and there is no oscillation there. No saving there. But its a looper.

I could do something just like what I did on the nova on my rc20 or dl-4. It would be a short sampled loop.

just because it is a short loop, doesn't mean it isn't a loop. Now, even though what is being done on the nova is faux looping, it still covers ground. And I have all the control I need out of it. I know exactly what bpm I am playing in, and what the repeat is set too, so I know when it will cut off. What other control do you need out of it?

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
I prefer to not have to bend down and turn knobs to loop and 2 seconds would never be enough time for me.

BTBAM

I prefer to not have to bend down and turn knobs to loop and 2 seconds would never be enough time for me.
well I wouldn't prefer it either. however like I mentioned before...it goes back to the original question asked.

Does it have a looper - No.

Can you faux it - sure.

For someone who doesn't have a looper, it could work. It wasn't my thing, thats why I sold it, and still run the rc-20, dl-4, dd-20 and eventide for my loops.

r080

You need to put it in the Delay Spill-Over mode, page 14 in the manual.

Turn repeats to 100 so it doesn't self-oscillate or die out. You can probably figure out the rest.

washuffitze3

damn this thread blew up while i wasnt here. i realized it wasnt a looper i just saw btbams video where he kinda looped

Trending Topics