NOVA Delay Reliable???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Don L, May 6, 2008.

1. Don L

Don L Member

I'm thinking about buying one and am reading here and there about people having problems with theirs, be it the inherent hiss/noise, buttons not working, coloring the sound, etc. So, what is the general consensus if there is one??

2. KRosser

KRosser Member

I have one and love it...already used it on a bunch of gigs & recordings...came through like a champ

I don't get the grousing, personally

3. singular

singular Member

andrew, yes you can tap it in without the delay being on,from what i remember.
    im having trouble with mine at the moment but i still think its a great pedal.a friend of mine bought a DL4 around the same time,and while we havent actually done a side by side comparison, i think id rather the nova to be honest.something bout the DL4 i wasnt very keen on,couldnt put my finger on it however.

4. mprvise

mprvise Member

No issues in many months of gigging now. And yes, you can tap tempo with the delay off.

5. dk_ace

dk_ace Member

No issues for me with months of gigging either. I have done a side-by-side with the Nova, DL4 and the DD20. The Nova was an easy winner (really easy - I didn't even think twice about it and I usually obsess about gear decisions).

D

6. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Never had an issue with mine either. Seems like a sturdy unit.

7. planetal

planetal Member

I've had no problems with mine after gigging with it for a few months. No noise, no more coloration than any other delay I've used (and I've used many)

Al

8. David-R

David-R Supporting Member

I fried my first unit by accidentaly running it at 18 volts. :messedup

Second unit has performed flawlessly for the 6 months I've had it.

9. Rock72

Rock72 Member

Bought one used here on the Emporium and it is working well. And I have no noise, not even running it in front of the amp rather than in the loop.

10. dougb415

dougb415 Member

No problems whatsoever.

11. rickenbackerkid

rickenbackerkid Member

The power supply on mine became very noisy and I also had a problem where it wouldn't bypass. But I think I was just unlucky, most of them seem to be doing well. I would buy one again if I needed a pedal delay.

12. konstantine

konstantine Member

i've been very happy with mine!! no problems, and sounds great!

13. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

I don't get the calling someone reporting (for our benefit, to warn folk) on experiences of equipment as "grousing".
    It kinda seems like you are calling them "whiners" or something, the way you put it.

Do you either think people are making up that their units had problems, stopped working, etc? Or do you just think they ought to keep quiet about it and "suck it up"? Where else are you going to hear about these kinds of problems as have been reported?

I've read too many threads about problems, and myself have experienced "Glitchy" behaviour...such as presets that don't load properly, buttons that don't always respond on solid pushes...I mean sometimes now and then turn it on and it doesn't come on...

If one does a search one finds a good number of folk that had to return theirs when they stopped working. More than is normal on a pedal for sure.

Still, lots of folks not having problems. Sounds like a QA issue. I think it is good to warn folk so they can walk into buying (or not) with eyes open.

I don't doubt the experiences of folks here that had problems, nor do I doubt the ones here that haven't.

14. ThreeChordRock

ThreeChordRock Member

I've owned two (long story) first one was flawless for about 6 months, then I sold it. Second one came to me brand new with the effect on/off switch not working and had to be sent back, so I guess my experience has been a 50% failure rate;)

15. lanesmat

lanesmat Member

Funny you mention this... I had the exact same problem with the on/off switch malfunctioning within a week of getting it new. I sent it back to 123 music and they replaced it with the one I have now, which seems to work fine.

Scott L.

16. Tonefish

Tonefish Member

I've had no problems either.

17. erplander

erplander Member

After I had mine for about a month, it just died. It would power up for a moment after plugging it in, then after a couple seconds, it lost all power and could not be revived. I sent it back to TC and they sent me a new one. Have had that one for 4 or 5 months now with no trouble whatsoever. I really love the pedal but am not sold on its reliability. Maybe my first one was just a lemon, and the one I've got now is a keeper.