Nova Drive with Pod HD500x

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by jaytiz25, May 12, 2015.

1. jaytiz25

jaytiz25 Member

Anyone using a TC Nova Drive with a Pod HD500x? I'm not even particularly concerned about the midi implementation, more so interested in any additional noise issues or how well the two sound together. Love to see/hear your setup if possible. Thanks!

2. Imerkat

Imerkat Member

Sounds redundant; the HD500x already has a screamer and rat type distortion; except for the blend knob it sounds pretty close. HD500x has all the same routing options so you won't be gaining much.

3. jaytiz25

jaytiz25 Member

I see your point, and ideally, that will be the case for me. I've not yet been sold on Line 6 ODs, but I haven't tried any of the M-series ones yet, and I hear they're significantly better (at least some) than the previous gen (X3 Live, which I had and never bonded with). Thanks for the input!

4. randombastage

randombastage Member

I like the Nova Drive more than any Line6 drive on the M series or the PodHD500.
    It might be slightly more noisy since it will be an external box with cabled connections, separate power supply, etc. But overall the NovaDrive is top quality and not particularly noisy as far as distortion/overdrive boxes go.

5. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

The Tube Drive in the HD 500 is my favorite overdrive of any kind ever... try it...