Nova Reverb, any good?

StompBoxBlues

I have searched and heard praise already for the Nova Reverb, but the clips on their site bother me..

I started another thread but no answer...maybe it was too convuluted, because I was mainly wondering if the demo clips on TC Electronics site are really how the Nova Reverb sounds (the clips sound bad!)...

Mainly wondering if the thing sounds tinny, or too glassy, etc. or if it sounds good. I am using their clips as reference, but I found the ones for the delay were NOT representative, it was much better sounding than the clips would lead you to believe.

My other thread on this is https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/348400

Thanks for any help.

Tewbrainer

I would very much reccomend the Nova Verb. The clips on the site do it no justice at all. I keep mine on a vintage tube verb, and it is not tinny at all. Pretty much, if you can think it, you can do it with this pedal. IMHO, best reverb pedal on the market.

Steve Dallas

I have one and share the opinion that it is the best you can buy. Just be sure to take the time to set the input level correctly. It might be noisy otherwise.

datguytim

Silver Supporting Member
I'm holding out for the Demeter stompbox Spring Reverb - I played it at NAMM and it was a near-religious experience.

StompBoxBlues

THANKS GUYS!! That was what I was looking for. I LOVE the delay, so I figured the clips were just badly done. WHY do experienced pedalmakers let clips like those out there? I mean, honestly, it would have been smarter NOT to have clips than ones that made it sound bad...

The clips sound like 1) the unit is not calibrated and hitting the ceiling and/or 2) they are getting a sound that is very similar to my ears to when you use an amp for OD sounds, and run the reverb on input...that nasty, weird, unpleasant sound.

SO, it's great to hear it is as I expected. I'm picking one up (and sending a message to TC Electronics about the clips....you GOTTA hear them if you haven't already, and especially if you own one).

To jzucker, if it is like the Delay (which I am sure it is) I THINK (not sure) it can run on 9vdc, but is not recommended. It is speced to run on 12Vdc, because that gives it more headroom, which is perfect for me because I have the hot effects loop in my one amp and it handles it.

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
THANKS GUYS!! That was what I was looking for. I LOVE the delay, so I figured the clips were just badly done. WHY do experienced pedalmakers let clips like those out there? I mean, honestly, it would have been smarter NOT to have clips than ones that made it sound bad...

The clips sound like 1) the unit is not calibrated and hitting the ceiling and/or 2) they are getting a sound that is very similar to my ears to when you use an amp for OD sounds, and run the reverb on input...that nasty, weird, unpleasant sound.

SO, it's great to hear it is as I expected. I'm picking one up (and sending a message to TC Electronics about the clips....you GOTTA hear them if you haven't already, and especially if you own one).

To jzucker, if it is like the Delay (which I am sure it is) I THINK (not sure) it can run on 9vdc, but is not recommended. It is speced to run on 12Vdc, because that gives it more headroom, which is perfect for me because I have the hot effects loop in my one amp and it handles it.
I wonder if it'll run off the godlyke power pump? I bought the power pump to be able to run the Ethos off my existing power supply but it was very buzzy with the power pump. (Perfectly quiet with its own power supply).

reo73

I run my Nova Delay off of the 9V one spot and it works perfectly fine. No noise at all. I would guess hte Nove Reverb would be the same. As long as it gets 300mA it should be fine.

Trending Topics