• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Novo Guitars

Whitecat

Just got this bag w/my new Serus T... Pretty good bag, but not as heavy duty as a Mono. I guess they made the switch to these recently? Looks like the Rivolta bags. I would’ve rather had a Mono... My guitar arrived at the dealer around Jan. 2019, I think...

They did switch a while back but funnily enough the new website now says they are back to Mono... so not sure what’s what.

your name here

Silver Supporting Member
They did switch a while back but funnily enough the new website now says they are back to Mono... so not sure what’s what.
So you’re saying I got lucky? Lol.

Oh well. Not the end of the world, but it isn’t a bag that I’d expect to come with a $3k+ guitar.

He_Ma

Hard case upgrade was maybe about 300€, but I needed it (guitars in cases in my gear room and have tiny toddlers that can and will climb on anything that's within their reach). My Novo just shipped to dealer in Finland so it should be at the dealer maybe next week. Only bad thing is that the dealer is 5 hour drive from where I live and I have quite busy next few weekends so I am not sure when I can go to get it.

FiremanMike

Something I've always wondered about Novo guitars is the finish?

What is the reason that the finish seems so easy to wear and the wood has that textured appearance (and possibly feel)?

No hate here, I've never played a novo but the ones I've heard sound great, just a question from an outsider..

He_Ma

What is the reason that the finish seems so easy to wear and the wood has that textured appearance (and possibly feel)?

No hate here, I've never played a novo but the ones I've heard sound great, just a question from an outsider..
I think that they use thin finish because relicing is kind of their thing. I'd like to hear from someone inside that if they do it for the tone reasons also. Most their guitars have pine tempered pine bodies so it might affect on how they feel It's best to finish.

But I stop my speculations here. Not sure if I am on the right track :D

mmmaslowski

Hi Lovely Novo Owners & Fans,

I’ve decided on getting a custom Serus S guitar; I’ve been following Novo and their wonderful creations since mid-2017 and I am aware that they have recently switched to direct order only.

To those of you who have recently had theirs delivered, would you be able to share your turnaround times for the direct orders? I’m expecting north of nine months, but wanted to confirm before planning things out.

Thanks!

your name here

Silver Supporting Member
Hi Lovely Novo Owners & Fans,

I’ve decided on getting a custom Serus S guitar; I’ve been following Novo and their wonderful creations since mid-2017 and I am aware that they have recently switched to direct order only.

To those of you who have recently had theirs delivered, would you be able to share your turnaround times for the direct orders? I’m expecting north of nine months, but wanted to confirm before planning things out.

Thanks!
As of about three weeks ago when I asked them I was told 6-9 months. I doubt that a few weeks would’ve changed that.

devinmcgrath

Silver Supporting Member
I placed two in February. I got one, and one is still in the works (but a change had to be made which delayed things....if that didn't happen i would have gotten it next week probably)

ford

Modz
Staff member

Very thin nitro...... and I'm pretty sure they don't use grain filler which gives you the exposed grain look and really makes it pop. They look and feel great. Mine from 2015 is more of just a traditional relic'd finish.... I wish it was more of what they finally settled on as they worked and changed over the last few years.

They are amazing guitars.

Jimmydeez

Silver Supporting Member

Trending Topics