• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Novo Guitars

your name here

Silver Supporting Member
My Serus T should be ready in about 4-6 weeks. The only change I made after the initial order was to change the matching headstock to a black one. I think the black headstock will look amazing with the cat's eye burst.
I think you’re right. That’s gonna be amazing. Love the Cat’s Eye Burst.

trojanhov

Such a tease. Details please.

Serus t
Shell pink extra light distres
Chunky c -flamed maple
Fralin pickup set
Parchment white guard and white witch hat knobs Aged to match

Gonna be sick. Thanks for ur help guys! Instead of paying the upcharge for the lollar pups, I directed that money to the flame maple neck. Pickups I can change later if needed, but flamed maple is forever.

Boom

Boatwright

Serus t
Shell pink extra light distres
Chunky c -flamed maple
Fralin pickup set
Parchment white guard and white witch hat knobs Aged to match

Gonna be sick. Thanks for ur help guys! Instead of paying the upcharge for the lollar pups, I directed that money to the flame maple neck. Pickups I can change later if needed, but flamed maple is forever.

Boom
Congrats man! I think the flamed maple neck is a no brainer as well.

WordMan

Gold Supporting Member
I did a search and didn’t see this referenced: In David Byrne’s American Utopia, the one of the guitarists on stage is playing a black Novo.

I had not heard of her - she is a badass player named Angie Swan - here you go:

Boatwright

I did a search and didn’t see this referenced: In David Byrne’s American Utopia, the one of the guitarists on stage is playing a black Novo.

I had not heard of her - she is a badass player named Angie Swan - here you go:

After seeing the American Utopia concert a year or 2 ago, I found her on instagram. She is incredible!

Simto

Does anybody know if they will allow you to get real Jazzmaster pickups as an option? I haven't seen any models with them and they don't list them as an option.
I'm only dreaming now and I won't be able to afford one in the foreseeable future, but I have the specs for my dream Serus J in my head hehe. I want it so bad!
I'd want to get it as a "Jazzmaster" with real Jazzmaster pickups and not just P90's with alnico slugs or some other alternative like that.

He_Ma

Does anybody know if they will allow you to get real Jazzmaster pickups as an option? I haven't seen any models with them and they don't list them as an option.
I'm only dreaming now and I won't be able to afford one in the foreseeable future, but I have the specs for my dream Serus J in my head hehe. I want it so bad!
I'd want to get it as a "Jazzmaster" with real Jazzmaster pickups and not just P90's with alnico slugs or some other alternative like that.
As far as I know it is not something that they would do. Not sure why though. It would be killer guitar with standard JM pickups too. Worth asking though. One option for your specs would be BilT. Their relevator LS can be had with tempered woods (not sure about pine body though) and lollar JM pickups which are so great! I own both serus J and Relevator LS and both are amazing!

Simto

As far as I know it is not something that they would do. Not sure why though. It would be killer guitar with standard JM pickups too. Worth asking though. One option for your specs would be BilT. Their relevator LS can be had with tempered woods (not sure about pine body though) and lollar JM pickups which are so great! I own both serus J and Relevator LS and both are amazing!
Yeah, I kinda get that feeling too. I understand they want to sort of streamline the build process/time by limiting options, but every one is basically a custom made to order guitar, so why not have that option for a fee.
I'm sure they're great sounding and playing, but I'm not really into BilT guitars aesthetically, but thanks for the recommendation. I already have a Fano JM6 back from when Dennis was the head of it and I love his designs and builds so I'd love to get a Novo at some point. Hope the pickup options will be a little different when I get around to not being a broke loser anymore hehe.

Manny_O

After a 10 month wait I finally got my Novo Serus J over the weekend. It’s basically the Rhett Shull specs and luckily enough it came with a flamed neck.
The feel and build quality is fantastic and the guitar rings so brightly and sustains even acoustically. Before I got it I wasn’t really sold on P90s and now that I’ve gotten it I’m very happy with them as they sound fantastic and really are incredibly versatile. I’m a huge strat guy and this really will compliment my strats as it does that clean PAF sound for clean playing, but really gets dirty with some gain.

I’m in love with how it sounds when it has some gain, it growls and is nothing like a humbucker or single coil. It’s basically going to be my number two guitar as my custom shop strat is still my number one. I’ll take photos when I can and give a longer review in my impression of the guitar.

Boatwright

During a guitar lesson today, I told my instructor that I was getting a Serus T. I'll be playing mostly at home for fun for the indefinite future and he isn't familiar with Novo guitars. He stated that in his experience that it's very difficult to get "hum" out of tele pickups in a small setting like a bedroom or living room. Can anyone give me any insight with this? Mine is coming with Fralin pickups. Thanks!

devinmcgrath

Silver Supporting Member
During a guitar lesson today, I told my instructor that I was getting a Serus T. I'll be playing mostly at home for fun for the indefinite future and he isn't familiar with Novo guitars. He stated that in his experience that it's very difficult to get "hum" out of tele pickups in a small setting like a bedroom or living room. Can anyone give me any insight with this? Mine is coming with Fralin pickups. Thanks!
Novo does a great job shielding. There will be a slight hum but much much better than many other brands. Time to school your teacher!

Boatwright

Novo does a great job shielding. There will be a slight hum but much much better than many other brands. Time to school your teacher!
That's about what I was thinking too. I think he's used to hearing cheaper guitars and could only relate to that. He recommended buying a cheaper Fender before going with a more expensive brand. However, my approach has always been to buy the best quality and artisanship possible and go from there.

Trending Topics