Now 2 Strymon In The Fold...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Campfired, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Campfired

Campfired Gold Supporting Member

Although many of you folks like or dislike Strymon, I was overtaken with listening carefully to Strymon's products demo pages, in order to choose what last effect should reside on my effects board.

Already own a blueSky, and didn't know what else could sit next to the blueSky. Thought about a Keeley Neutrino Envelope Filter and Mad Professor Snow White Auto Wah.

Reasoned that my musical style wasn't specifically reggae or Grateful Dead. Hoped for something more universally appealing that would retain its worthiness while avoiding the negative aspects that coloration of tone, required pedal placement, etc, would bring about.

Was prepared this time. Viewed the Strymon Ola Chorus/Vibrato and was immediately impressed by the adaptability of this pedal. The Strymon website contained numerous videos of the Ola in operation, and the versatility and clarity was outstanding.

My question to you is, how many of you folks also own a Strymon Ola pedal, and may I ask your opinion of how well do you think the Ola would interact with the blueSky?

2. scolfax

scolfax Member

Not a direct answer to your question, but I think that the Strymon demos sound so damn amazing because they are all recorded in stereo.

3. Campfired

Campfired Gold Supporting Member

This may be true. That plus the fact that the tones IIRC were direct from effects through a pre-amp and recording software. Sounds excellent to my ears, though.

Please, though, don't suggest my buying another amp. A 2nd Strymon is about all I can deal with just now... :)

4. scolfax

scolfax Member

Yeah, they do sound excellent. My Flint is a keeper for sure.

5. Catch

Catch Analog>Digital Converter

OP, while I don't have an Ola, I do want to add one thing to your thread: I don't think there is an overwhelming dislike for Strymon products here. There are a number of very vocal members who do not like their products but there are just as many who love the sound and product quality.

I would recommend you check out the El Capistan and the Deco. The Deco will be my next purchase--it's mix of modulation, delay and tape OD is fantastic to my ears. The El Cap is a staple for me.