Now I Can't Find that LED KillSwitch on the OCTAPUSSY

PhuzzphayzZ

I was afraid of this.

I do see what I assume to be the Bias trim pot. Around that top edge all I see on the other side is the black 'dome' of the trim pot.

There IS no "switch"... no "lever"... unless it has something to do with that black dome, but like I said that seems to be the trim pot's cover.

I mean... c'mon now!!!!! wtf

PhuzzphayzZ

It's been a while but thought it was on the edge just beneath the board.
I thought I remember you wondering about this in the other Thread... there was a few people.

I mean, is it really the thing that looks like the dome of the Bias trim pot, yes, underneath, right there, but I see nothing that looks like it can be switched.

I'm sure CatyB must get a lot of emails about this...

jimijimmyjeffy

erksin would know but not sure how cool it would be to ask probably not cool. But it seems there was a thread a long time ago, several years ago...

jimijimmyjeffy

God I am a lazy ****, lol.

OK, just opened my Octapussy up.

Directly behind the LED is a tiny round opening that looks like it fits a jeweler's sized phillips screwdriver. I would try that if your pedal has one. That has to be it, since it is literally right underneath the LED.

The other remarkable thing about the insides is that the name of the pedal is misspelled, as "Octopussy". Hard to find good help these days, lol.

Just get the smallest possible phillips screwdriver.

Guess I was thinking of another pedal at first. Maybe I was thinking of the true bypass switch inside my Talisman?

Anyhow, hope that works for you!

Last edited:

PhuzzphayzZ

God I am a lazy ****, lol.

OK, just opened my Octapussy up.

Directly behind the LED is a tiny round opening that looks like it fits a jeweler's sized phillips screwdriver. I would try that if your pedal has one. That has to be it, since it is literally right underneath the LED.

The other remarkable thing about the insides is that the name of the pedal is misspelled, as "Octopussy". Hard to find good help these days, lol.

Just get the smallest possible phillips screwdriver.

Guess I was thinking of another pedal at first. Maybe I was thinking of the true bypass switch inside my Talisman?

Anyhow, hope that works for you!
Are you sure that's not that Bias trim pot that they DON'T want you to mess with??? At least, that's what I ASSume, since the Manual mentions it...

unless someone else feels like giving it a shot first...gulp...wouldn't want to mess up the Bias

There's been too many Threads on this, we need to get to the bottom of this. I DO NOT want to take this apart out of ..'curiosity'.

(yes, I'm obsessing on an LED... time for bed, lol!) night

jimijimmyjeffy

Are you sure that's not that Bias trim pot that they DON'T want you to mess with??? At least, that's what I ASSume, since the Manual mentions it...

unless someone else feels like giving it a shot first...gulp...wouldn't want to mess up the Bias

There's been too many Threads on this, we need to get to the bottom of this. I DO NOT want to take this apart out of ..'curiosity'.

(yes, I'm obsessing on an LED... time for bed, lol!) night
The rest is up to you. I would bet it's for the LED, since it's directly underneath it, and it's on the top edge of the board, as per the manual.

Seems to me erksin or Howard once addressed this online. If it's just bias, just listen to the pedal while adjusting it and you might like it better? But I'm pretty sure it could be recalibrated. You'll know right away, lol.

I intend to mess with mine when I find a jeweler's tool. I do remember hearing about needing a jeweler's tool for some internal Catalinbread adjustment people would want to make, and thinking it was dumb to have to buy a special tool just to adjust a pedal. So that's three reasons I suspect that's it. I only have three Catalinbread pedals...

I also remember thinking there was a minor mistake in some manual, and perhaps that's the one, where it was unclear. So put that all together and chances are I am right. Or not, lol.

Last edited:

PhuzzphayzZ

The rest is up to you. I would bet it's for the LED, since it's directly underneath it, and it's on the top edge of the board, as per the manual.

Seems to me erksin or Howard once addressed this online. If it's just bias, just listen to the pedal while adjusting it and you might like it better? But I'm pretty sure it could be recalibrated. You'll know right away, lol.

I intend to mess with mine when I find a jeweler's tool. I do remember hearing about needing a jeweler's tool for some internal Catalinbread adjustment people would want to make, and thinking it was dumb to have to buy a special tool just to adjust a pedal. So that's three reasons I suspect that's it. I only have three Catalinbread pedals...

I also remember thinking there was a minor mistake in some manual, and perhaps that's the one, where it was unclear. So put that all together and chances are I am right. Or not, lol.
Kyle Sears, Catalinbread:

"The LED switch was only in the FIRST RUN of this pedal"

I'VE BEEN ROBBED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I guess we sure got to the bottom of thaaaat:mad:

I WANT MY LED SWITCH!!!!!!!!

jimijimmyjeffy

Wow. WTF? Why change something to make a pedal sound worse? And yet they leave the thing you're not supposed to adjust be adjustable?

I agree that is annoying. Now I feel like I have to find somebody to mod it back to original specs.

PhuzzphayzZ

Wow. WTF? Why change something to make a pedal sound worse? And yet they leave the thing you're not supposed to adjust be adjustable?

I agree that is annoying. Now I feel like I have to find somebody to mod it back to original specs.
CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT MY LED SWITCH!~~~~~

:mob:mob:mob:mob:mob:mob:mob

jimijimmyjeffy

I want to hire a hitman to kill my LED.

Really, I am so over LEDs. They shine right in my eye and I can't see the furkin knobs!

LEDs are the enemy of the people!

deepcove17

On my Octapussy it was a little dip switch at the edge of the PCB....flicking this switch did not help me find what I was looking for with this pedal and since sold it.....:(

PhuzzphayzZ

On my Octapussy it was a little dip switch at the edge of the PCB....flicking this switch did not help me find what I was looking for with this pedal and since sold it.....:(
I would rather had yours, lol!...however, i have found the sweet spots, so, I can pretend the switch thing never happened!

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
There's another thread somewhere about LEDs and bright ness. If you just want it OFF, just cut one leg of the LED or unsolder it and heat shrink it (the second would be easier to reverse). If that's too hard, put some translucent tap over it to dim it, even that non-transparent scotch tape would take a little off.

Trending Topics