NPCD - New PartsCaster Day

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by g-mane, Feb 22, 2015.

1. g-mane

g-mane Member

I've been gathering parts for this one for awhile. I bolted it together a about a week ago, and did a fret level on Friday night and soldered the electronics last night. Preliminary verdict: Yes!

It's a 1996 Jimmie Vaughn neck and a 2002 Highway 1 body, so I guess it's a "Texicali" model. I've been a fan of the Bladerunner bridge for awhile so I used one again, though with Callaham saddles this time. The Fishman Fluence pickups are pretty dang good sounding in both vintage and hot modes, though it's way too soon to say whether or not they'll stay long-term.

I like the profile of the JVaughan neck a lot, and now that the fretwork is done it plays great. As per my previous experience with a Bladerunner bridge, it stays in tune incredibly well. Sonically, it's a bright, spanky Strat... just what I was hoping for.

Yeah I know, "worthless" and all that jazz....
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. moosewayne

moosewayne Member

That's awesome--Congratulations!
    All the 'worthless' naysayers can shove it.
    Way to go!

3. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

Nice!

Not worthless at all when compared to what you would have paid to have one built to your specs. Right now I have four guitars, three of which are partsTeles and the partsTeles get 95% of the play time.

Enjoy!

4. g-mane

g-mane Member

Well, it's definitely not worthless to me... but that comment was about heading off the "smiley" that shows up in any ngd post without pix::worthless

5. peskypesky

peskypesky Member

I love it!!!

And I would rock the hell out of it.

6. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Member

beautiful

guys who might call it worthless only care about re-sale value which, at it's core, dis-regards what a guitar is all about in the first place : making (loud) music

7. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

I've found that what is put into a build makes a difference. I've put a number of Teles and a couple Strats together and done just fine when selling. I've used reputable builders for the bodies and higher end pickups and hardware. I've always broken even and one guitar brought a $250 profit. There were 6 people lined up for that one, too. I should have set a higher asking price.