• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NPD: '76 Dyna Comp Incoming!

Bergle

Not much else to say. I was just thinking about it and it got me a little geeked up.

Carry on.

hurleysurf

Just got mine in yesterday. This thing is FANTASTIC. I've owned a Keeley and a BJFE PGC. It is IMMENSELY quieter than the Keeley (even with fuzzes and ODs on) and much more of an "effect" than the PGC (which is kind of what I need it to be for the country type thing and EJ spanky thing I do). Wish it had a 9 volt jack though... Oh well. Looks like I'll be using one of those 1Spot battery clips. Enjoy it.

Jeorge Tripps is just blowing my mind at Dunlop. The Carbon Copy, the CS Dyna Comp, the Hendrix Fuzz... I haven't even tried any of the new WH stuff. I can't wait to see what else comes out of that factory.

Bergle

I hear ya. Just picked up a Carbon Copy last week and it's everything I was looking for. Outstanding pedal. Maybe a Phase 90 RI and I'll be pretty set.

Bergle

Well, it arrived and I picked it up this past Saturday (along with a Supa-Trem that I couldn't stop myself from picking up). I had no idea how much I would like it! The versatility of it, how you can dial in everything from mild sustain enhancement to full-on squishy goodness...Where has this been all my life. Output makes it easy to match volume level and little to no tone alteration. Hell, if it does change the tone some it's for the best! If you're interested at all in one of these, do yourself a favor and get it now!

All I need to do now is sit down with my drives and figure out where it goes in the chain. Running an old Rat and a Little Big Muff--any suggestions?

hurleysurf

I've been running it after my '69 Fuzz and POG, but before my TS10>Zendrive stack. I guess pretty traditional placement. Maybe I should try between the TS and Z....

BillyK

For me, the DC RI works best directly connected to my pickups - first in line on the board. This way it responds directly to your touch and it also limits the potential noise issues with comps.

The DC RI is, for me/my rig, the best compressor ever. It's on all the time, adding sustain and addictive tonal characteristics to my Strats/Teles. For me, 2nd place goes to a modded CS3 - all else (and most of what's discussed here) just doesn't compare.

ford

Modz
Staff member
Before they released this version, where there any clones or derivatives of this compressor? Just wondering. I know there are TONS of Ross style and a few orange style compressors out there.

rock

bford

Andre357

Having used just about every " boutique " compressor out there.....the MXR dyna comp 76 re-issue pushed them all off my board...

Amazing tonal enhancer.... and as someone mentioned, extremely quiet and transparent...

many compresssors felt like putting a blanket over my rig...not this one...

There's some mojo going on with that metal can doohickey in there on the circuit board that i cant remember the name of :)

Last edited:

58lespaulman

I have used them all also, and now I have a 70's Dyna comp with metal can IC and it's just so much better than any of these so called boutique comps. I have to get the reisse now.

Shane

shngn7

I've really thought about using a compressor but the more I hear about this thing the more I want to try one. I think I might order a true bypass modded one from Analog.man soon.

Trending Topics