NPD: 80Tape In Limbo iii Compact Analogue Delay

steven.rogers

Love my iii Compact. My only complaint would be that I wish the wet signal could get a little louder. Fully wet would be amazing too but it just seems quiet to me sometimes.

Buddy67

Could somebody please post a demo of just the basic sounds of this delay- how the repeats degrade at different times and different tone settings? Everything I see focuses on the arp and weirder aspects.

cookieshoes

Love my iii Compact. My only complaint would be that I wish the wet signal could get a little louder. Fully wet would be amazing too but it just seems quiet to me sometimes.

I would email Jonny about that. Mine gets plenty loud with the level all the way up, much louder than the dry signal. Makes doing slapback and syncopated delays easier.

There is also a bigger box In Limbo III with multi tap and 1100ms delay time. It uses MN3005 and MN3007 chips instead of the V3205 chips. Here are some examples of the multitap doing its beautiful thing.

How does this the big box Limbo III actually provide multi taps? It doesn’t have multiple delay lines, does it? It seems like a very unique feature for an analog delay!

oil

It is rare to find a pedal that you know will never leave your pedal board but for me this is one of those pedals.

The modulation is so lush and tweekable and the multitap helps create some great sounds. This delay pedal is unique.

ubenjammin2

How does this the big box Limbo III actually provide multi taps? It doesn’t have multiple delay lines, does it? It seems like a very unique feature for an analog delay!
I believe it just syphons them off of the original delay line at different subdivisions of the tap and then mixes them back in.

Snail

This is one of the nicest sounding delays I’ve ever heard and the modulation possibilities look great. Also great price. However I noticed that everything is out of stock at the website and the maker hasn’t been active on his forum in a while. Anyone know anything about that? If he’s still making these I’d love to order one. I’m going to email him anyway of course.

ubenjammin2

This is one of the nicest sounding delays I’ve ever heard and the modulation possibilities look great. Also great price. However I noticed that everything is out of stock at the website and the maker hasn’t been active on his forum in a while. Anyone know anything about that? If he’s still making these I’d love to order one. I’m going to email him anyway of course.

Yeah email is the way to go his site pretty much always says that. I saw on IG that he is planning on building some more soon.

jonne

Question:
I have this pedal powered with a wall wart charger, and I keep getting a high pitch whine at various points. Not all the time, but often enough to be frustrating.
any solutions / suggestions?

I have it at the end of my pedal chain

Last edited:

ricohurricane

I have a big box 1100ms Limbo III . The manual says it can be powered by 9-18V . Jonny is unresponsive to my inquiry if it indeed can take 12 or 18V . Anybody know ??

jnam

Silver Supporting Member
Used to love mine!!! (although I eventually traded it for a Polymoon)
In Limbo IIIc is easily my favorite analog day, can't wait for the IV!

AXgZENt.jpg

ricohurricane

Flatulentmatt : because the online manual says 9V yet the description on the webpage lists it at 9V . I'd like confirmation before attempting and risk circuit failure

E boogie

Silver Supporting Member
Also does any one have the exact dimensions for the compact iii and the big box version? I’m trying to build a pedalboard on pedal playground.

Tabor

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone still using the In Limbo?

looks like IV was a limited run of 10

IV? I’ve emailed a few times through the website. Never received a response. I kinda just gave up on being interested after that.

Sentionaut

Silver Supporting Member
IV? I’ve emailed a few times through the website. Never received a response. I kinda just gave up on being interested after that.

some recent activity on Instagram indicates a small run and the end of the line for the Limbo

Trending Topics

Top Bottom