1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

NPD - AM Sunface and AM Mini Bi Comp - Need help

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Marrrty, May 20, 2011.

1. Marrrty

Marrrty Member

Hello fellow TPGers, this is my first post.

Yesterday i received two pedals from Analogman. Sunface NKT-275 red dot and a Mini Bi Comp. The Sunface is exactly what I expected and has been covered here extensively I know. My problem is with the Bi Comp and is as follows.

Although i enjoy the sound of the comp. (I think i like the ROSS side more) If i punch it on either side whilst i am playing there is a loud pop no matter how i set the pedal which is made worse by reverb. It does not pop when i am not stumming. This is the first comp. pedal I have owned. Is this a common trait of all?

My set up is as followed i this helps at all.

Guitar > AM Sunface > AM Bi Comp > EHX Small Stone > Boss TU2 > Vox Wah > NYC Muff > OCDv4 > EHX Memory Toy > Boss DD-7 > RI '65 Twin Reverb.

I plug into Channel 1 on the vibrato side and my settings are as followed.
    Treble 7
    Mid 3
    Bass 5
    Reverb 5
    Bright switch up

Any help or ideas would be appreciated

Peace, M

2. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member Vendor

It's pretty common in a comp if you switch it in while playing, because of what the comp does. You'll get an instant huge gain change and the comp will change it's internal gain fast too. Especially noticeable with a battery, a good power supply can help (Juicer side more). Hope that helps!

3. cubistguitar

cubistguitar Member

I guess folks usually have it on the whole song.

I was going to say the best way to eliminate this would be to have a compressor that stays on all the time right after the mini bi-comp, but that would be sarcastic.

4. Marrrty

Marrrty Member

Thanks for the replies.

Loving the mini bi comp now it is a great sustainer. Think i prefer the ROSS side.