Npd: Amptweaker Tight Rock

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Pazz, May 18, 2015.

1. Pazz

Pazz Member

I've posted that I'm on a self-imposed moratorium from buying pedals. I'm about 9 months into my 3 year hiatus, HOWEVER,......my wife is free to buy me stuff so I didn't break my own rules!

This weekend my wonderful wife gave me an Amptweaker Tight Rock. I played the TR and fell in love with it, but bought a Wampler SLOstortion instead. (Sometimes I can't explain why I do things!). I spoke so highly of the Tight Rock that my wife bought it for me as a surprise!

The Tight Rock is as good at home as it was in the store. There is not a bad setting or a bad tone in the box. The tone is fantastic. The features that Mr. Brown added in give it a lot of flexibility. The EQ, the noise gate (awesome!) and extra gain boost! I haven't scratched the surface on the loops!!

The best thing I can say is that the Tight Rock inspires me to play more. I feel like I'm playing better because of the Tight Rock.

Even though I was originally choosing between the TR and the SLOstortion, the TR actually displaced my trusty Rat. (Better bass feel). The SLOstortion remains on my board, but it's the Amptweaker I'll be stomping on! It is a fantastic pedal. Highly recommended.

Sociophile likes this.
  2. Mr. Limbic

Mr. Limbic Member

^ couldn't have said it better. It was the only pedal that could replace my modified rat. I like it so muh I bought a big rock pro andddddd it's amazing. Glad you dig it man

3. Pazz

Pazz Member

Well, your glowing reviews of the Amptweaker line didn't exactly help with my GAS!

I knew it was good after a few minutes in the store. The Tight Rock is inspirational.

4. Gillespie1983

Gillespie1983 Member

My Amptweaker TR sits in the pedal drawer. I used it often for a year then overnight I needed something new. GAS is a bad disease.

5. Mr. Limbic

Mr. Limbic Member

hah i am bad about trying to get people to try them, but they are solo good...