NPD: AMT P2

Bentayuk

I'm playing for a new band come January, and needed a fly rig, as I didn't want to take my 5150 II to practise every week. So I recently picked up an AMT P2, and boy what a killer pedal!

In the past I had overlooked AMT for what I considered "newer" and more expensive pedals. Like the Amptweaker Tight / Fat Metal, Bogner Red, and ISP Theta.
I can't believe I passed the AMT Legend series. I should have really stopped here before the Amptweaker's.

They are definately on par in quality and tone. BUT where as the Tight Metal is built by 5150 creator James Brown, it's not exactly based on a 5150 (from what i can tell).
The AMT P2 is based on a 5150/6505 amp, and does the finest job you could imagine! Sure it can't replace the real amp, but it's also not supposed to.
I can honestly say without a doubt, for my upcoming practise sessions, I won't miss my 5150 at all! For $175 shipped to my door, it's the best value for a preamp pedal I've played to date!

Bravo AMT!

Last edited:

Gonkboy

Good man. I use the C2 and dig it. Give us an update a couple of months down the line when you've been playing shows with it so we get the long term review too.

Bentayuk

Sure, I'll do an update in January, once I've take it to a few practices. I wont be using it live, I have a 5150 II or JVM for that. This is just a practise fly rig. I may try it out live some time, but that's not what I bought it for.

Swmorgan77

So, how are you liking the P2 at this point? Still have / use it? I'm looking into purchasing one myself to build a small preamp board to go into my rackmount power amp/cabs.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom