NPD - Analogman Rev 5 BiComprossor -Oh baby!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by WoodyStrat, Feb 7, 2016.

1. WoodyStrat

WoodyStrat Member

My wet compressor dream come true! I have always liked the Bicomp but I had the Rev 3 and it wasn't quite up to snuff. The Orange Squeezer side has always been awesome but the Ross side was lacking. Interestingly, Rev 4 fixed all of the issues I had complained about but I had moved on to a Wampler Ego and have enjoyed it for a few years now. The blend is a must for me. But I have always missed the Orange Squeezer since selling my old BiComp and moving to the Wampler. I got wind that A-man was putting a blend on his next revision and I have been bugging the poor guy by email for 6 months, "are we there yet?, are we there yet?, are we there yet?"

We are there! This thing smokes my Wampler! It just feels so right and the mix works great! The attack is an internal trim pot now, which I set once on the Wampler and never moved again. I have the additional Ryck switch for access to the higher frequencies which is lovely!

I love all my analogman pedals but this one is a true stand-out along with the KOT. Thanks Mike for being willing to continually make small tweaks and improvements without losing the best parts of the past versions! The compressor to end all compressors...

[​IMG]

Jdawgy, nixpix, 1198SP and 5 others like this.
  2. gibsonguitar1988

gibsonguitar1988 Member

Nice! I want the CompROSSor like Jason Isbell has with the blend. :)

WoodyStrat likes this.
  3. WoodyStrat

WoodyStrat Member

You can totally get that Austin!

gibsonguitar1988 likes this.
  4. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Member

So, let me get this straight. You don't need one, but you need 2 compressors...? What the hell, man...?

:D

Totally messing with you bro! Congrats on the new A-pedal! :cool:

WoodyStrat likes this.
  5. dickjonesify

dickjonesify Member

That math sounds legit to me :)

6. Jdawgy

Jdawgy Member

I've been thru the gamut of AM compRossors over the years and, for me and my rig, it doesn't get any better than the REV3, but that's if your looking for something as close to a old grey ROSS comp as possible (if you ask for that config).

All of his stuff rules and congrats on the new Comp!!! :dude

WoodyStrat likes this.