NPD and NAD - Scarab, Belle Epoch, Klone and Vox AC15

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by murraythek, Feb 22, 2015.

1. murraythek

murraythek Member

Since I acquired 3 pedals and 1 amp, I felt it more appropriate to put this in the effects forum.

Just a home based player/hobbyist now, but I still like to have the best gear I can afford.

BYOC Silver Pony - So far the best use I have found for this besides the clean boost is with my Princeton Reverb on the edge of breakup. It really helps to smooth the fizziness of the PR's overdrive.

Catalinbread Belle Epoch - Ive had my eye on this for sometime. Digital but isn't cold imo. Sounds amazing behind some fuzz. I liked this pedal so much I sold my Carbon Copy.

Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe - The most versatile fuzz I have played yet and after trying out both BC108 and Germ fuzz faces, I think I really am a tonebender guy. Love the gated tones on this pedal and so far works really well with both amps.

Vox AC15 - When I first started playing many years ago I really wanted an AC30. I couldn't find one locally so I settled for a SF Twin Reverb. Long story short the Twin became too much for home use once I stopped gigging, hence the flip to the PR. I've only had the Vox for a few days, but so far it is a perfect companion to the PR. All that Vox chime I was looking for at manageable volumes. My 52 RI Tele and the Vox are a match made in tone heaven.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. playthecray

playthecray Member

Have you done the bright cap mod on your AC15C1? Curious which amp takes pedals better? Nice selection by the way. I am looking for a grab and go combo. Both amps are on a short list.

3. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

4. murraythek

murraythek Member

No I havent done the bright cap mod yet. I have been using my Timmy as a bit of an EQ and trimming out the high frequencies and it works perfectly for that.

The Princeton is still the better all around amp but the natural OD after 5-6 on the volume is fizzy. Having said that I still think the PR is the best grab and go combo and prices for late 60's PR's have stabilized a bit. Non reverb would be even better if you needed clean headroom.

5. xrleroyx

xrleroyx Member

Nice! Just got an AC15 myself! I love my bigger amps, but the ac15 is such a great grab n go. Awesome headroom and although the tone is a little lacking to me, it's still great.

6. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Disrespected Elder

Congrats on the new toys.
    You'll be busy for quite some time.

Big Scarab Deluxe fan here too.

7. Jason_77

Jason_77 Member

Congrats! The Belle is my favorite delay.

8. PerFusionist

PerFusionist Supporting Member

9. Prince

Prince Supporting Member

I like your style OP :cool:

10. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

You have some nice toys. Murray. A suggestion - check out any guitar with P-90's.

A P-90, Rat (or clone) and a Vox?

:dude