• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NPD and PSA: The Boss DM-2W has 800ms maximum delay. NOT 600ms.

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
Just got a Boss Waza DM-2 and it sounds great! One thing I noticed though was the amount of threads and video demos stating it had 600ms of available delay time when in fact it has 800ms according to the manual AND in my own tests it clearly has more delay time than the 600ms of my Carbon Copy. I think thats pretty impressive for a true BB style delay.

Just a quick NPD and PSA. :)

msnes335

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah if you notice the original videos from last summer/fall, using prototypes probably, all say 600ms, and once they were released they started saying 800ms. My guess is this is probably what accounted for the "delay" in getting these pedals out - making that change? It was another 6 months or so after the first 2 Wazas hit the stores until the DM-2w did. I'm glad they did make the change to the longer delay, it's a great pedal.

jimbugg

Silver Supporting Member
Great pedal, the "Standard" mode really does sound just like my original DM-2.

Telecasteur

Boss pedals make me happy. I love the footswitch so much. I want to STOMP the crap out of it. This video makes me want to go all Boss for my pedals.

Try doing that with any other 'boutique' pedal.

I'm thinking TU-3 > FZ-2 > BD-2w > DM-2w > DC-2 > PN-2

Black_Label

How do you like it against your CC??
The DM-2w kills the Carbon Copy all day, on every setting. Side by side, the DM-2w is closer to my AD-90 than the CC. Though the repeats on the AD-90 mush together a little more where, on the DM-2w, they're a tad more defined (and, of course, you get way more delay time.) It's still a lot darker and mushier than most other analog delays, imo.

MacorWin

Just got a Boss Waza DM-2 and it sounds great! One thing I noticed though was the amount of threads and video demos stating it had 600ms of available delay time when in fact it has 800ms according to the manual AND in my own tests it clearly has more delay time than the 600ms of my Carbon Copy. I think thats pretty impressive for a true BB style delay.

Just a quick NPD and PSA. :)
Yes, you're right. I got mine last friday! It's a keeper! Lush and marvelous tones!

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
Damnit, now I want one...
Do itttttttttt!

How do you like it against your CC??
To be honest they are pretty different beasts. Yes they are both analog but that's about all the have in common. The slap back is better on the DM and the "custom" mode is definitely cleaner than the CC. The CC has that kind of magical greasy thing going on if that's what you are into (like me) that the DM doesn't have so much. I think the CC sits behind the guitar signal a little better (which you may or may not want) but the DM is punchier and more percussive. The DM seems to have less clock noise at longer delay settings as well. That being said the DM is on the board for now so I can put it through its paces. Im gigging it Thursday.

I heard it is not as good as the DM-2 setting on the
Alter Ego V2. :dunno
They sound similar IIRC but feel different. If that makes sense.

Yeah if you notice the original videos from last summer/fall, using prototypes probably, all say 600ms, and once they were released they started saying 800ms. My guess is this is probably what accounted for the "delay" in getting these pedals out - making that change? It was another 6 months or so after the first 2 Wazas hit the stores until the DM-2w did. I'm glad they did make the change to the longer delay, it's a great pedal.
That may be the case but I still noticed a ton of posters both here and elsewhere stating "600ms" as a max delay time.
Great pedal, the "Standard" mode really does sound just like my original DM-2.
Good to know!

Boss pedals make me happy. I love the footswitch so much. I want to STOMP the crap out of it. This video makes me want to go all Boss for my pedals.

Try doing that with any other 'boutique' pedal.

I'm thinking TU-3 > FZ-2 > BD-2w > DM-2w > DC-2 > PN-2
Great video!!
The DM-2w kills the Carbon Copy all day, on every setting. Side by side, the DM-2w is closer to my AD-90 than the CC. Though the repeats on the AD-90 mush together a little more where, on the DM-2w, they're a tad more defined (and, of course, you get way more delay time.) It's still a lot darker and mushier than most other analog delays, imo.
Whoa!!!! Let's take it easy on the "Destroys" thing. The CC is my all time favorite! ;)

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
Played it a little more last night. I'm realllllly liking it as a fattener for lead lines. Especially with fuzz and I am VERY particular about how a delay sounds with fuzz pedals.

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
Ok I gigged the DM-2W this weekend. There was one song that really needed just a sit behind the guitar fattening delay and the DM-2 nailed it. Also sounds really really good with overdriven lead lines. So far it's a winner!

Turi

Ok I gigged the DM-2W this weekend. There was one song that really needed just a sit behind the guitar fattening delay and the DM-2 nailed it. Also sounds really really good with overdriven lead lines. So far it's a winner!
Couldn't any delay do this though, with the mix/level down?

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
Kind of but some do it better than others. I find that most digital delays struggle blending with the dry signal in a natural way. Most analog delays do a great job of just melding together with the dry for lack of a better term. I never use my timeline for that sort of thing. It just sounds too separate from the signal but the Timeline does a ton of other awesome things.

Turi

Kind of but some do it better than others. I find that most digital delays struggle blending with the dry signal in a natural way. Most analog delays do a great job of just melding together with the dry for lack of a better term. I never use my timeline for that sort of thing. It just sounds too separate from the signal but the Timeline does a ton of other awesome things.
Even if you just lowered the mix/level on the Timeline, would it still feel too separate from the signal?
I understand it's capable of way more than just providing a little thickness to a lead line, but would you say it's possible to make it meld naturally with your dry tone, at all?

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
I feel like on the TL( and others I've played) once you get the mix down low enough to achieve that, the delay is almost gone. I think what I'm meaning to say is that analog and some digital delays with good preamps seem to be more dynamic even at higher mix settings. A few digital delays that are very dynamic are the Echolution 2 and the Catalinbread Echorec.

Trending Topics