• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

NPD and Sam Ash Sale (carbon copy content)

mrface2112

I went to the Sam Ash sale with coupon in hand (spend $199+, get $75 off), ready to spend exactly $200.

After some looking, i spied 4 fender oxfords pulled from an early SF super reverb (also for sale--overpriced due to it's "new speakers"). $40 for the set. They said they "aren't blown, just a little old". No brainer there. Haven't fired em up yet.

To round it off, i picked up a Carbon Copy and 2 sets of strings. I walked out of there with the whole lot for $131 (including tax). That's less than i could have gotten the CC for on its own!

I've had about an hour with the Carbon Copy so far and i really dig it. Love the modulation feature. I've been using an H20 for my chorus and echo......but it looks like this thing will be replacing it. or at least on my small board. it's all about space these days.

Lots of fun oscillation in it too, and i love how the oscillations get nice and distorted/dirty when you really dig in and push it hard.

I can definitely see why others have been so jazzed about this thing.

cheers,
wade

mrface2112

Thanks, i thought so too!

I'm really excited about the speakers--I can't believe they pulled them out of that super (and weren't keeping them to sell it as "all original"). I've got an old fender 4x10 cabinet that needs new speakers. even if they're "old" speakers.

But i can't believe this carbon copy. I spent an hour with it yesterday afternoon ('67 bandmaster->10/12 cabinet at volume) and another 3 hours last night after the family went to bed (vibrochamp on 4). The contrast between this thing and the echo on my older H20 is staggering--the H20 is quite nice....but CC just seems a lot more real. (in fairness though, i bought the H20 for the chorus rather than the echo)

However, with the modulation on, it provides the very tiny, extremely subtle amount of chorus that i'd ever use in a live context and the range/diversity of echoes in this thing is fantastic. since i don't use chorus much in this band, i've been keeping the H20 on my board largely for the echo. make that, was keeping the H20 on there. the H20's not going anywhere--the chorus is splendid....but on the small board where space is at a premium?

my only complaint is that it'd be nice to have external access to the modulation trimmers (and no, i don't know where you'd put em:Spank). i really like it as it came and don't see any need to tweak them lest i can't get it just exactly perfect again....but put em on top and i'd play with em a lot more readily. still, i want to see if it can get that warren haynes rotovibe type tone (which the H20 does rather well).

i want another one so i can have one with modulation on and the other clean!

cheers,
wade

cjs42079

where'd you get that Sam Ash coupon? I was just there and didn't see it, can't find it on their website either. Hook a brother up!

mrface2112

where'd you get that Sam Ash coupon? I was just there and didn't see it, can't find it on their website either. Hook a brother up!
I'd love to, but it came in the mail. I don't usually get sam ash circulars, so this one was a bit of a surprise--doubly so b/c it applied to used gear.

They also kept it when i paid.

Trending Topics