NPD: Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by big jilm, Aug 13, 2018.

1. big jilm

big jilm Supporting Member

Wow. Absolutely wow. I have been playing for an hour, and haven't moved the knobs from when I started. Everything at noon, and I can't move them it sounds so good. I'm gonna have to move them. I'm gonna want to move them. I haven't yet. I have only tried my SG so far.
    [​IMG]
    It sounds great on chords. It sounds great on single notes. It has enough of everything I want in a lead tone. Sustain, clarity.

I shouldn't have posted yet. Not enough time with it. But, I did. Gaaaaaaah! Awesome.

I am running it at home, at apartment volumes into a Box of Rock. This is the chain:
    [​IMG]

Sounds cool with the wah. Sounds great with the flanger, and delay. Sounds great with the MO after it. So different from the Musket! Cool to have them both.

Fine. I want more BA fuzz. Orpheum next? I don't know.

BTW: the switch is super nice on this pedal.

Thanks to @deeohgee for letting me know this was initially in the wrong section!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    fitzo, urQuill and deeohgee like this.
  2. HiddenAgenda

HiddenAgenda Member

Nice - I always wanted to try one. How much$?

3. big jilm

big jilm Supporting Member

Go to reverb.com and check out the prices. Sometimes they have them used.

4. jfwund

jfwund Member

awesome pedal. Congrats!

One cool sound that I find myself coming back to on the SD is to set the fuzz relatively high and turn the bias knob up until the background hiss/noise of the pedal goes away (around 10:00-10:30 on mine), then dial in the vol/tone/fat knobs to taste. Turning the guitar's volume knob down a bit gives a cool "crumbly" gated effect.

Playing around with it, you can find some decent lower-gain, OD-ish sounds as well as some almost muff-y thick sounds. Just a great pedal. Enjoy!

deeohgee, mulekicker and big jilm like this.