1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

NPD: Basic Audio Scarab

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Richard P, May 16, 2011.

1. Richard P

Richard P Member

I've had a lot of fun during this past week goofing around with this fuzz at home, quietly. I think I've enjoyed it more than any other fuzz I've had, and it's convinced me that I was on the wrong track trying only Fuzz Face-type pedals.

Tonight I took it to a gig, and had a great time. I used it with both guitar and lap steel, and semi-randomly inserted it to see what I could do. Great sound, great improvement in sustain at unity volume, and wonderful semi-clean tone when the instrument's volume was dialed back. Easy to control, lots of great tones. I'm looking forward to exploring further.

Sometime in the next couple of days, I'm going to get my Strymon Lex. I'm really excited about that!

2. dgood

dgood Member

I'm very interested in the Scarab Deluxe. Where are you placing it in your chain (listed in your sig)?

3. Richard P

Richard P Member

I put it on the front end, but I've read that one thing folks like about this pedal is that it can work well elsewhere in the chain. I haven't tried it yet. Right now, there's probably not enough room on my board for this pedal, so it'll probably live on the floorÂ…

4. cubistguitar

cubistguitar Member

Just got one of these myself, very fine fuzz. Haven't given it the proper workout with band yet. Excellent sounds in my rig.