NPD: Billy Duffy Crybaby Limited Edition 6/20

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by daveyrocks, Apr 15, 2016.

1. daveyrocks

daveyrocks Member

Don't buy many pedals etc as my paid guitar work is all acoustic. But I'm trying to get back into playing electric and just treated myself to this...

The new BD95 Crybaby. The first 20 were sold by Billy Duffy direct on his site Wednesday signed and numbered, sold out in minutes. I have number 6/20. The other 480 (500 total) should be up for preorder from Dunlop by now.

[​IMG]

Never really used a wah, I know the principle behind them but I'm having fun learning wah techniques. It has two modes, a "Billy Duffy" setting (Blue LEDS) and a "Vintage" setting (red LEDS) which is apparently based on a vintage crybaby owned by Mick Ronson that Billy borrowed from Bob Rock during recording the new Cult album "Hidden City". Also has a knob for up to 15db boost and the Q knob.

[​IMG]

Really like it, very solid, nice sounds. Sorry I cant say much more but I wont pretend to know more than I do!

Thanks for looking, new to the board and really enjoying reading about peoples gear and discussions :)

Nebakanezer, jimmycupo, monty and 7 others like this.
  2. Johnny Moondog

Johnny Moondog Member

I already have 5 wahs, but that does look cool.....

Nebakanezer and daveyrocks like this.
  3. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Member

Very cool. I remember hearing about these but didn't know they were already available. Interested to hear the vintage mode.

Does Billy use a wah pedal a lot? I don't listen to that much Cult music.

I know that is his silhouette from the album cover, but it is hard to look at it as and not think of the Jordan logo.

4. daveyrocks

daveyrocks Member

Hi sorry I thought I'd replied to this!

To answer your question he doesn't use Wah anymore than the next rock guitarist. but on the songs he does it's a key ingredient.

The one that everyone associates with him using wah is a song called the Phoenix from 1985's Love album.

5. Dannyz

Dannyz Member

Hey @daveyrocks , still having the pedal? Can you take a gutshot of circuit board? Thanks!.

6. monty

monty Member

Love BD! Have yet to see the wah yet to try :(