NPD!!! Boss BC-2 Combo Drive!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by david(j), Feb 12, 2012.

1. david(j)

david(j) Supporting Member

Well I saw Pete Thorn's video, and wanted to check it out. I've been thinking about an AC pedal for a while, and with a GC coupon, the price was right.

Long story short, I'm really really impressed with this thing!!!

IMHO, Boss hit it out of the park with this little guy. It's super versatile. Pure AC flavored clean all the way through extreme gain on the Sound knob. EQ knobs are effective at shaping the tone based on where the Sound knob is set. LOTs of volume if you want it.

I haven't bought a new boss pedal in years. Tried it out through a fender deville and a strat at GC, and it was awesome. Got it home and it plays beautifully with my Classic 30. My Blackstar is slightly more picky, but it still sounds awesome. Super Champ XD - awesome. Easy to tweak, too - very intuitive.

It seems to stack well with my RAT and my TS9 (of all things?).

My favorite settings are in the middle of the Sound knob, which is cleanish-grit to crunch.

Pics will be up later.

Awesome pedal. Well done, Boss.

2. david(j)

Pics:

Great looking pedal:
    [​IMG]

On the board (empty space is for a new-to-me basic audio solar myth that's en route...will be going right next to the foxey lady...)

[​IMG]

3. sshan25

sshan25 Supporting Member

Great pedal.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
  4. richey88

richey88 Member

I have the Power Stack, great ideas from Boss these days, the Thorn demo is awesome for both pedals.

5. david(j)

well i just used my DLS as a booster for the BC-2. Holy $#!^ this is a great combination. I never use my DLS this way. In truth, it's usually the "foundation" pedal, and it does that really really well. however, as a dirty booster, the DLS has way more body than the Rat, and the harmonics are crazy...it sounds really excellent!

this is the kind of pedal that makes you forget you are playing through a pedal.

6. 6Tones

6Tones Supporting Member

My concern is this pedal ' digital modeling sounding '(like Boss multi FX units ) than a more analog sound from a standard pedal?
    Whats your take on it?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  7. david(j)

pretty sure it is digital, but there is no COSM reference that I've seen anywhere on the pedal or paperwork. I could have missed it, but I don't think so. It certainly feels better/truer than any of the older digital offerings from boss. If you are after pure analog, the tech 21 liverpool might be better. However, the sound and functionality of this pedal are really impressive.