NPD: Catalinbread Belle Epoch

VintagePlayerStrat

Silver Supporting Member
Nice little box. Quality for sure. And musical. A little bit of a learning curve, but I get confused by any more than three knobs.

Sounds less hi-fi than my Carbon Copy and my Maxon AD-999. But I knew that would be the case when I bought it, since it's emulating tape delay and all.

Slaps back like a sassy mamma. Can get very atmospheric. I'm not sure how good it is for for just a touch of delay to wet the signal up a bit more than my verb, and that's how I've mostly used delay in the past.

It makes me open to trying new things, though. :)

Flogger59

On mine the Tone knob (they since changed the name, the one on the top right) was really tape saturation control. If that's set above noon it's getting low fi. Turn it down for cleaner repeats, like around 9 o'clock.

VintagePlayerStrat

Silver Supporting Member
On mine the Tone knob (they since changed the name, the one on the top right) was really tape saturation control. If that's set above noon it's getting low fi. Turn it down for cleaner repeats, like around 9 o'clock.
Cool. Ever set it for a little touch of delay? The way I understand it, the mix can go at noon but from there ...

VintagePlayerStrat

Silver Supporting Member
I’m so confused right now. Black is white. Up is down.
When I first read on this board, previous to this thread, that CC's were dark, I was similarly confused. I never thought of mine as dark. The opposite, in fact.

Maybe my ears are shot, but then again, I can pick out different brands of guitar cables in a blindfold test. haha. Maybe there's some magic, glassy, pixie dust sprayed on my CC. I unno. :)

Trending Topics