NPD! Chase Bliss Modulation "Trinity" Wombtone, Gravitas, & Warped Vinyl

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by PurpleJesus, May 28, 2015.

1. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I got the Warped Vinyl mkII last week and have been super impressed by it. The Wombtone came today and will go on the board tonight, and I got shipping confirmation that the Gravitas will be here tomorrow.

I figure Strymon has a "trinity" and now Chase Bliss does too for modulation. I'm pumped to get them all working together! I'll post a pic once I have them all together tomorrow. Can't wait to hear the Wombtone and Warped Vinyl together tonight.

I decided to go all analog and sold my H9 Max and an old Space Echo to pay for these three....and some other stuff.

JerEvil, kbee, hippieboy and 4 others like this.
  2. CaseyI

CaseyI Member

Congrats! I don't think I'd have any use for the wombtone but the other two definitely have my interest.

PurpleJesus likes this.
  3. charley

charley Supporting Member

I have a warped vinyl and a wombtone. Cool cool cool pedals. You will not be dissapointed!

I ended up separating the warped vinyl and wombtone onto separate boards, as I felt there was a bit of overlap in sounds. But both pedals are fantastic! Curious to hear how you order them on your board, and the results. Keep us posted!

PurpleJesus likes this.
  4. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Nice congrats! Been eyeing the warped vinyl for some time but still haven't pulled the trigger...

PurpleJesus likes this.
  5. PurpleJesus

That's actually what I'm trying to figure out. To start with I think I'm going to have everything post dirt and add a fuzz at the very end to see what that does. I'm hoping to use the Wombtone as a uni-vibe replacement in addition to phasing. Also, I'm curious to hear the Gravitas in front of the amp vs. in the effects loop.

The Warped Vinyl really is incredible. They hold their value so well you should just try it out and sell if you don't like it, but I've found an insane amount of useable sounds. It's certainly not intended to be a rotary effect, but it does a better Leslie than almost every Leslie pedal I've owned, and I've owned most of them. Tons of headroom and never gets washed out with distorted signals. Mix knob is key. The new Wombtone has a mix, but I got the mk1 version without the "mix" so I'll be curious to see if that's ok or if I'll need to upgrade to the mkII version.

Once I've gotten some hours under my belt with them this weekend I'll do a little write up on them. Especially the Gravitas since it's the only one that is "new" new.

6. smitty.west

smitty.west Senior Member

Congrats, brother! Just got my Wombtone Mk II yesterday- completely blown away by it! Warped Vinyl Mk II arriving next week! Joel's a ****ing genius of the highest order.

PurpleJesus likes this.
  7. Empros

Empros Supporting Member

Nice! I've got the MKII WV, and a MKI Wombtone on the way. The Gravitas sounds amazing but I'm set for Trem. Heck, I still might get it anyways.

Great pedals.

PurpleJesus likes this.
  8. PurpleJesus

Completely agree about Joel. He's just an amazing pedal designer and really pushing the envelope on what you can get out of analog effects. He's also a great dude and fun to talk with. What have been some of your favorite tones so far out of the Wombtone? I can't wait to get home tonight and plug in!!!

9. smitty.west

Hard to answer since I've just had it a day, but so far I'm stuck on this super chewy slow phase setting that's just CRACK when paired with a nice thick fuzz and some 'verb.
    Gonna' dig more into it tonight and post up some settings!

10. PurpleJesus

Are you running the fuzz before or after the Wombtone?

11. Empros

Empros Supporting Member

I need my Wombtone to get here already... Sounds awesome. I got a good deal on a MKI Wombtone since the MKII came out. The mix is a cool feature, but I got it for half the price, so I'm willing to live without it ;)

12. smitty.west

Currently fuzz-> phase, but when I was messing about yesterday phase-> fuzz yielded some scrumptious sounds. You just can't go wrong with it anywhere.

Golly, I know the topic's been beaten to death-- or has it?--, but Joel seriously needs to employ his talents and do an analog delay. A tent just went up in my pants thinking about it.

13. PurpleJesus

That's why I got the MKI also. Got a great Memorial Day deal on it and just couldn't justify paying WAY more to get the MKII. I e-mailed Joel too and he said once the craziness of the new pedal release gets behind him he'll be willing to mod the MKIs for 2-stage phasing as well. I'd like that for more subtle tones, but 4-stage is the thing I really wanted and since the MKI had that I was good to go. Also, for all I know, I may like the "feedback" capability more than the "mix". I don't typically use phasing to be "subtle", but the Warped Vinyl has the mix and I can sit it in the background if need be instead.

Agree completely. Whenever/whatever his delay pedal is.....it's gonna be epic. I'm sure he knows how anticipated it would be and he's probably in the lab cooking up something amazing. Whatever it is I'm sure it'll be able to do things no other analog delay ever has, which is saying something considering the LFO sections Moog has designed. But, Joel's a mad scientist, I know he'll put out something amazing AND original.

14. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Dammit........... i just watched Knob's videos for the Wombtone and Gravitas............

I already wanted the Warped Vinyl. I hadn't really looked into the other two and i know better than to watch a Knob video.

Now i MUST have all 3.... and there's no way i can decide which one to get first. :drown

Mosley likes this.
  15. PurpleJesus

The harmonic trem on the Gravitas sounds badass, right? Can't wait for that thing to get here tomorrow. And the reverse style sounds it can get look like they'll be inspiring a lot of cool riffs.

16. brettmoor

brettmoor Silver Supporting Member

So curious to take these pedals for a spin!

17. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Yeah, i need all three... but need to spread them out. Getting one now but i can't decide! :bonk

18. Empros

Empros Supporting Member

Totally with ya there! From the MKI demos, it sounds like it can get subtle enough for my tastes. Really excited about it.

I have a Basic Audio Throbby that is literally the perfect Trem. But Trem is my favourite effect and it would be a shame not to try the Gravitas. Those reverse sounds ARE really cool. Man... Gonna get one eventually.

@Ruiner - I'm surprised you haven't bought all three yet :D Always something new for you to buy ;)

19. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Yeah, i overlooked the Gravitas and Wombtone as i constantly watched the demos for the Warped Vinyl. I'm really just starting to get into modulation effects...... probably cause i'm running low on delay options. :D

But my Midi Murf, Cluster Flux and Dwarfcraft ARF have me hooked now and these Chase Bliss offerings are right up my alley. Having trouble deciding which to get first but leaning towards the Wombtone.

20. Empros

Empros Supporting Member

I still have no idea what you do with all these pedals, Ruiner! One day your head might explode with all the options available to you :D

I really like the Warped Vinyl... Pretty unique effect. I use it more than I ever planned on using it!